BASF Financial Analyst in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where theChemistry Happens…
We are currently looking for a Financial Analyst .
This position is responsible for Research & Development controlling activities for the Research Division. This position will be the financial lead for all Global Administrative functions. In addition, this position will serve as the global cost reporting system expert for all reporting delivered to management. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Financial Analysis.
Formula forSuccess: You Will be responsible for…
· Budgeting, forecasting, reporting, and analysis for Bioscience Global Administrative functions (Communications, Executive Management, Human Resources, Finance & Controlling, and Innovation and Scouting).
· Developing and producing global cost center-based reporting for the Research Division, Legal Entity, Departments, Functions, Projects and Management Reporting.
· The development and ongoing process of month end time-based feedback reporting for Global Plant Science.
· Consolidation of Bioscience Research Operational Plan and forecasts, including Project view.
· Owning, Maintaining, and updating Bioscience Research operational planning/forecasting template
· Global Innovation and Scouting and Global Administration expense allocation netting model and related invoicing process.
· Acting as liaison with Innovation Management and Digitalization in R&D global controlling pertaining to planning, forecasting, and project allocations for resources within North America legal entities.
Create YourOwn Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
* Thisposition is not eligible for relocation assistance.*
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
· B.A. or B.S. Degree in Accounting or Finance.
· Five (5) years in accounting, controlling or financial analysis field.
· Strong PC skills in MS office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint and other database applications.
· Strong interpersonal skills necessary to work in a global team environment.
· Demonstrated experience leading ambiguous projects with minimal supervision.
· Demonstrated experience analyzing data and assumptions relative to budgets, forecasts, and actual reporting.
· Demonstrated experience evaluating, analyzing, and building a storyline with information obtained from various sources.
· Working knowledge of GAAP and IFRS accounting policies and procedures.
You may also have:
· A CPA and /or MBA.
· Experience working on cross-cultural, global teams.
· Knowledge of SAP software.
· Expert in Business Warehouse.
· Experience working on cross-functional teams requiring inputs from others.
Job: CONT - Controlling
Organization: GB-Bioscience Research
Title: Financial Analyst
Location: NC-Research Triangle Park
Requisition ID: 1703513