BASF Market Manager Senior, Diversified Crops in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
At BASF,we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Marketing at BASF revolves around the customer experience and driving profitable growth. The foundation for this is a strong team that brings specific application, industry and market knowledge in order to understand the diverse markets where we build satisfying customer relationships.
We are seeking a Market Manager Senior, Diversified Crops to join the Crop Protection Group within the Agricultural Products (AP) division, located in Research Triangle Park, NC.
Market Manager Senior, Diversified Crops (1604178)
As Market Manager Senior, Diversified Crops you will be responsible for the development, implementation and execution of the Marketing Plans for the Diversified Crop market via the marketing staff. You will also lead the development of BASF’s business in Diversified Crops, including: developing a clear business plan, identification & tracking of plan metrics, financial objectives, and implementation of strategies and tactics with sales, technical service and senior management.
In addition, you will be responsible for monitoring, recording and reporting events occurring within your assigned markets. This includes collecting and recording of marketplace intelligence related to: 1) competitors, their products and marketing programs; 2) trends, threats and market opportunities; 3) customer expectations; and 4) any other events/activities potentially affecting opportunities for BASF to successfully implement our business plans. You will also monitor & analyze market/customer dynamics, as well as their impacts to the established market strategy and life cycle management priorities.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Manage an assigned business segment including: operational forecasting, coordinating supply requirements with market developments.
- Coordinate with other key internal and external groups to ensure segment-related plans are implemented.
- Provide strategic direction / oversight to the Marketing Communications Specialist and Communication Agency in the execution of advertising, promotions, sponsorships, special events, collateral marketing and other promotional activities, with an overall objective of conveying a unified and distinctive leadership presence in the marketplace.
- Motivate the sales force and distributors by keeping them informed about products, product performance, and our go-to-market strategy.
- Lead the development and update of product concepts, detailing mid and long-term strategies for lead market segments; Prepare project plans for approval
- Evaluate, negotiate, and implement specific 3rd Party opportunities.
- Manage assigned product short & long-term supply, forecasting, and profitability by coordinating a balance between short-term operating results & long-term market share development.
- Support other members of the sales & marketing team, helping to ensure company sales and financial goals are achieved.
- Participate in ongoing customer interactions, helping to position BASF and our products
- Participate in the development & implementation of industry insights and messages that are impactful by identifying market & sales opportunities for BASF products.
- Lead the development & implementation of a cross-group, go-to-market project.
- Lead the personal development including; coaching, mentoring, and identification of development opportunities with the assigned team of product managers.
- Lead and coach a team of product managers in their development and implementation of product business plans
- Identify and recruit talent for positions within the marketing group and BASF
As a leader with BASF, you will also…
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8 years’ experience in industry
- Experience in the agri-business industry
- 5 years marketing, sales, business development and/or technical support experience
- Product launch experience
- Willing and able to travel 25%, primarily domestic
- Business acumen and ability to strategically analyze global reaching factors, and summarize into concise, creative business plans to reach financial goals.
We Also Look For…
- MS Degree or MBA
- Team leadership experience desired
- Experience in 3rd party negotiations
- Experience working in an environment with complex intellectual property rights and negotiations
- Ability and experience influencing Senior Management, as well as large organizational teams
- Proven ability to interact across several cross functional units
Job: MARK - Marketing
Organization: N-APN-Crop Protection North America
Title: Market Manager Senior, Diversified Crops
Location: NC-Research Triangle Park
Requisition ID: 1604178