BASF Research System Analyst in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
At BASF,we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Across the world, more than 10,000 R&D professionals work in different specialties at around 70 research sites. Beyond our own cutting edge facilities and instrumentation, our scientists benefit from cooperative partnerships with more than 600 leading universities, research institutes and other companies. All sharing a common goal: to create chemistry for a sustainable future.
We are seeking a Research System Analyst.
Research System Analyst (1604189)
You will participate in, or lead, project teams, tasked with generating new digital solutions based on existing experimental workflows. Specifically, you will work with research project teams and functional stakeholders to map research workflows and identify key data exchange points. You will identify key project data entities and the needs for controlled vocabulary and liaise with IT develops to ensure that project data workflows are accurately implemented in digital solutions. In addition, you will take on application ownership of BASF Master Sequence system and lead a project to enhance the scope of sequences covered. You will also develop and implement a governance framework for BASF sequences.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Participate in, or lead, project teams tasked with generating new digital solutions based on exiting experimental workflows.
- Collect detailed information across diverse project and functional stakeholders to determine data needs for new digital solutions in R&D. Document and communicate these needs.
- Identify key project data entities and develop controlled vocabularies for these entities to facilitate efficient digital solutions.
- Provide application ownership for the BASF Master Sequence system. Lead project to successively enhance coverage of legacy sequence data in Master Sequence system and ensure that system is deployed in all ongoing projects.
- Develop and implement a governance framework for BASF sequences.
- Provide application ownership for selected existing digital solutions for sequence information in BASF. Develop and implement a strategy to simplify landscape of sequence-related digital systems.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- PhD. with 2 years' -OR- M.S. with 5 years' -OR- B.S. with 10 years’ of combined data coordination and biotechnology research experience
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to gather functional research requirements for IT solutions and master data management
- Expertise in mapping and tracking research workflows, including data and material hand-offs
- Experience in data governance and sequence management systems
- Strong customer orientation, able to work effectively with diverse stakeholders in a global organization
You May Also Have…
- Project Management experience
- Agricultural biotech experience
- Knowledge of LIMS systems
Job: REDE - Research & Development
Organization: GOM-Digitalization in R&D
Title: Research System Analyst
Location: NC-Research Triangle Park
Requisition ID: 1604189