BASF Sales Support Rep II in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
At BASF,we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are currently searching for a Sales Support Representative for our Crop Protection business (AP) in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.
Sales Support Rep II (1603965)
As a Sales Support Rep II, you will be the primary point of contact for active ingredient export order processing for internal BASF customers. You will also be responsible for providing customer order service for the Crop Protection Global Team export business. This will entail processing from receipt of the order, through delivery of goods, and final invoicing of the customer and all functions of Customer Service associated with this process. In addition, you will be expected to manage the import purchase orders for selected key raw materials, including but not limited to creating and placing purchase orders, tracking shipment receipts, reconciling inventory, and system integrity.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Perform order and data entry into SAP
- Review, schedule, book, release orders for shipments, and resolve any issues associated with customer orders
- Manage order plan and coordination with warehouse to ensure requested customer delivery dates are met
- Ensure required transport activities are being organized for all related active ingredient shipments, including availability of required labels at shipping point for import/export of materials
- Prepare and dispatch shipping documents and associated record keeping
- Communicate with both internal and external customers
- Create de novo Purchase Order (PO), or convert existing Purchase Requisition, track receipts in SAP, and clear old elements in the system
If you are passionate about meeting your customers' needs and would like to join an innovative, dynamic company, then submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
To learn more about the RTP site, click: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSGe-AJKycc
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- BS/BA Degree in Engineering, Logistics, Business, or Related Field
- 2 years post-graduate experience in customer service or supply chain
- Strong computer skills including working knowledge of SAP R3, Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Demonstrated flexibility in working in a business with a seasonal sales nature, and ability to set priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and follow-up skills
- Must have excellent customer focus, teamwork, and problem solving skills
We Also Look for…
- Familiarity with and work experience in an agricultural industrial setting
- In-depth knowledge of BASF logistics processes
Job: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Organization: (AP)-Crop Protection
Title: Sales Support Rep II
Location: NC-Research Triangle Park
Requisition ID: 1603965