BASF Scientist III/ Sr. Scientist I , Plant Pathology in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Scientist III /Sr. Scientist I Plant Pathology , to join our team and whose primary focus is to conduct and coordinate all lab and greenhouse studies and support field research activities on fungicide and seed treatment compounds.
Scientist III/ Sr. Scientist I , Plant Pathology (700752)
Formula for Success: You Will…
· Characterize the biological activity and properties of experimental compounds and provide technical support for registered products, initiating and directing independent research on the effects of candidate compounds on disease control, seed/seedling quality and plant health.
· Perform field, greenhouse, growth chamber and laboratory work which may be of a hazardous or complex nature.
· Ensure valid design and implementation of research experiments and that all results generated are properly collected, summarized, interpreted and communicated.
· Provide leadership and technical expertise on fungicides and seed treatments and technical support to BASF Biology Project Leaders, Technical Service and Marketing.
· Develop innovative technologies to maximize return on new and existing active ingredients.
· Supervise the activities of technicians and interns and maintains an effective and safe work environment.
· Observe all applicable regulatory compliance requirements on study design, data recording and laboratory operations.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
· Ph.D. in plant pathology or Doctorate in Plant Health/Medicine (DPH, DPM).
· Must be able to work in laboratory, greenhouse and agricultural field environments.
· Must be willing and able to safely handle chemicals of unknown toxicity.
· Computer skills required: MS-Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Experience with agricultural chemicals.
Job: REDE - Research & Development
Organization: N-APN-Crop Protection North America
Title: Scientist III/ Sr. Scientist I , Plant Pathology
Location: NC-Research Triangle Park
Requisition ID: 1700752