BASF Senior Scientist I, Foliar Biologicals, RTP in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are looking for a candidate to join our Global Foliar Biologicals R&D team who will be responsible for identification, evaluation, and development of biological technologies that complement our pipeline of next generation foliar biologicals products.
Senior Scientist I, Foliar Biologicals (1701617) – Research Triangle Park, NC
To learn more about the BASF RTP site, please visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSGe-AJKycc .
Formula for Success: You Will…
· Possess an understanding of biological crop protection technology and how it is utilized to manage pests (foliar knowledge preferred).
· Have up-to-date theoretical and practical knowledge of bioinsecticide market needs (pests, value drivers) with an interest in expanding this knowledge globally, including an understanding of BASF and competitor technologies.
· Have ability to generate new bioinsecticide product concepts that lead to evaluation and commercialization, including management of a pipeline of products.
· Collaborate with an international and interdisciplinary project team to develop new products based on local market needs.
· Have R&D training, knowledge, and experience to coordinate testing, and confirm suitability of new technologies to meet existing, emerging, and potential future market needs.
· Lead a lab scientist to achieve project goals while ensuring talent development.
· Listen, communicate, and network effectively with regional and global R&D teams to leverage technical expertise and drive innovation.
· Observe and promote safe work practices while performing job duties.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
· PhD in Entomology or Phytopathology or Agronomy with a minimum of 2 years of professional experience in agriculture and/or crop protection ; or MSc in Entomology or Phytopathology or Agronomy with minimum of 5 years of professional experience in agriculture and/or crop protection ; or BSc in Entomology or Phytopathology or Agronomy with a minimum of 7 years of professional experience in agriculture and/or crop protection required
· Project management experience required.
· A self-starter and problem solver, and a confident communicator with strong leadership and teambuilding skills; experience working as part of a global team a plus.
· Solid written and verbal presentation skills, with ability to effectively use MS Office Suite.
· Strong interpersonal, management, and organizational skills.
· Ability to travel both domestically and internationally; position may require up to 25% of work time allocated to travel.
· English fluency is required, with additional languages a plus.
Job: REDE - Research & Development
Organization: G-APG-Functional Crop Care
Title: Senior Scientist I, Foliar Biologicals, RTP
Location: NC-Research Triangle Park
Requisition ID: 1701617