BASF Sr. Scientist I, RTP in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a creative and innovative Senior Scientist who will be responsible for recommending and implementing crop-centered research strategies for agricultural research areas such as entomology, microbiology, crop biology, or crop pathology .
Senior Scientist I (1701315)
You will plan and coordinate research activities across diverse research groups and across global BASF sites. You will work closely with teams of scientists to interpret data, evaluate new opportunities, and leverage internal and external sources to propose new innovative solutions.
The position is part of BASF Bioscience in the Plant Science group.
Formula for Success: You Will…
· Research management, including budget planning and working effectively in a matrix organization
· Lead and coordinate multiple research activities simultaneously
· Work closely with global BASF colleagues inside and outside of Research
· Analyze and interpreting biological datasets
· Interact with external collaborators and representing BASF at external scientific forums
· Provide effective communication to broad audiences and senior management
· Serve as a technical specialist in designated areas of expertise
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
PhD degree in Biological Science, or Related Field with 2 years of experience -OR- MS degree in Biological Science, or Related Field with 5 years of experience -OR- BS degree in Biological Science, or Related Field with 7 years of experience.
Experience in an applied agricultural research area such as entomology, microbiology, crop biology, or crop pathology
· Working knowledge of plants (a major crop species is strongly desired) and expertise in an area of biology related to agriculture (crop, insect/pest, or disease).
Demonstrated experience planning and leading research activities
Demonstrated ability to interpret experimental data and conduct basic bioinformatics and statistics analyses
Demonstrated examples of innovative thinking
Ability to work in a team environment encompassing multiple disciplines and cultures
Proficiency in written and oral communication skills.
Willingness to travel approximately 10% of the time.
· PhD and >4 years of biotechnology industry experience
· Familiarity with plant molecular biology, physiology, and biochemistry
· Experience managing academic-industry research collaborations
· Experience with emerging agriculture technologies such as biosensors, integrated data analysis, metabolic engineering, genomeediting, or precision agriculture
Job: REDE - Research & Development
Organization: RBP-Plant Science Research
Title: Sr. Scientist I, RTP
Location: NC-Research Triangle Park
Requisition ID: 1701315