BASF Scientist II, San Diego in San Diego, California
At BASF,we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Scientist II to join the Enzymology team.As a member of this group, you will support enzyme candidate discovery, design, and development as one part of the overall research and development pipeline at BASF Enzymes.
Formula for Success: You Will…
·Perform enzyme characterization assays for activity, stability, and other properties.
·Help to develop and implement new biochemical assays and workflows.
·Interact with and support a multidisciplinary team to provide results in a set timeframe.
·Work in a fast paced research environment, both independently and in a group setting.
·Be organized and have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have flexibility, creativity, and detailed scientific approaches to multi-task, achieve targets and integrate new ideas within existing assays and processes.
·Demonstrate basic process safety knowledge received by completing required training of key safety critical areas of relevant processes and respective hazardous materials (hazard categories and related hazard potentials).
- Ability to identify and assess risks in everyday operation.
- Support and participate in process safety programs through participation in compliance audits, Capital Project Reviews, MOC, incident investigations and JHAs as needed.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry or Molecular Biology and a minimum of 2 years of experience in an industrial lab setting required OR a Master’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry or Molecular Biology required.
- Laboratory experience strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience with biochemical assay development, enzyme characterization including enzyme activity assays, activity and inhibition kinetics analysis required
- Experience with analytical techniques including HPLC, GC required
- Experience with general molecular biology, protein expression and purification required
Job: REDE - Research & Development
Organization: RBW/N-White Biotechnology
Title: Scientist II, San Diego
Location: CA-San Diego
Requisition ID: 1700078