BASF Scientist III, San Diego in San Diego, California
At BASF,we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine and Glassdoor as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions
for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Across the world, more than 10,000 R&D professionals work in different specialties at around 70 research sites. Beyond our own cutting edge facilities and instrumentation, our scientists benefit from cooperative partnerships with more than 600 leading universities, research institutes and other companies. All sharing a common goal: to create chemistry for a sustainable future.
The BASF division of Care Chemicals offers a broad range of ingredients for hygiene, personal care, home care, industrial & institutional cleaning, and technical applications. We are the leading supplier for the cosmetics industry as well as the detergents and cleaning agents industry and support our customers worldwide with innovative and sustainable products, solutions, and concepts. The division’s high-performance product portfolio includes surfactants, emulsifiers, polymers, emollients, chelating agents, cosmetic active ingredients, pigments, and UV filters. Superabsorbents developed for the full spectrum of hygiene applications complete the range. We have production and development sites in all regions and are expanding our presence in emerging markets.
Further information is available at:www.care-chemicals.basf.com
You will be responsible for the early phase evaluation of enzymes, screening and application method development.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Develop new analytical assays for the assessment of enzymes as well as screening and application methods. Focus on the development of conventional screening methods and high throughput screening methods.
- Lead of work packages of complex R & D projects for enzyme developments; Responsible for delivering results according to agreed milestone plane within the agreed budget frame
- Screen and evaluate enzyme variants within running R & D projects
- Evaluate market trends and competitor activities (including IP) for the area of responsibility
- Generate ideas for new products and projects based on the strategy of the SBU
Create your own chemistry: What We Offer You…
We not only provide value to our customers, but to you as well. Through you@BASF, our total offer, you can discover and take advantage of the benefits, perks and other opportunities that best suit you and your family’s needs, no matter where you are in your career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The “Total Rewards” that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. In addition to your base salary and incentive program, you receive a competitive array of health and insurance benefits that typically represent a significant portion of your overall compensation. You also have retirement benefits that include generous company-matching contributions to help you save for the retirement you’ve been dreaming of, and much more.
What’s more, we believe that learning never stops. By working for a large, global organization, you’ll have an opportunity to develop your skills and build your network in myriad ways. You will build your knowledge of the many industries we serve and sharpen your skills in developing and refining sales strategies that align with current and future needs of the markets we serve.
Finally, we know that your life is about more than work, which is why we offer flexible work options that can be designed in partnership with your manager to best meet the needs of the business and your personal needs.
Don’t just join us for a job, join us for a career! Come create chemistry with us!
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related scientific field required
- 2 years of post-graduate experience or industrial experience preferred
- Experience of working in the detergent industry or its supplier industry preferred
- Project Management experience desired
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational and time management skills
- Experience in working in multinational, remote teams preferred
Job: REDE - Research & Development
Organization: N-EMN-Care Chemicals NA
Title: Scientist III, San Diego
Location: CA-San Diego
Requisition ID: 1604276