BASF Solid Core - Production Associate in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
You can be part of an inclusive team of diverse talent and character. In this diversity lies our greatest strength.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Ability to direct and motivate subordinates within shift
Well-developed analytical and organizational skills.
Familiarity with and adherence to legislative and corporate policies, particularly in areas of health and safety and the environment.
Strong analytical, troubleshooting and computer related skills.
Knowledge of Mechanical Aptitude
Ability to communicate with subordinates peers and supervisors particularly in areas of job instruction, quality and performance.
Ability to work in a manufacturing environment and climb steps/ladders as well as lift up to 50 lbs.
We welcome and encourage applications from all persons. BASF has a robust policy of accommodating employees who are able to perform the essential duties of the job upon accommodation. In particular, applicants with disabilities are entitled to a recruitment process and accessible materials.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-APN-Crop Protection North America
Title: Solid Core - Production Associate
Requisition ID: 1604121
· Rotate on shift basis in the Solid Core department.
· 12 hour (rotating continental shifts). Employee expected to work weekends/nights as part of the continental setup.
· Routinely conduct health, safety, environmental, and security audits of operational area and ensure corrective actions are completed in a timely fashion.
· Participate within the incident command structure during emergency events as required.
· Establish and maintain high housekeeping standards in all process areas.
· Monitor and analyze the day-to-day operating conditions of the plant and recommend appropriate measures to ensure quality, production, safety, cost and environmental compliance objectives are met.
· Ensure that work in process is sampled, tested, and verified as meeting requirements.
· Support the Distribution and QC/Lab managers to ensure that customer shipments and customer samples are completed in a timely manner and meet specifications.
· Submit and resolve issues that have been identified through the NCM process.
· Ensure SOPs are current and reviewed as per current requirements.
· Coordinate repairs and upgrades with Maintenance to ensure product demand is met.