BASF Operator Associate in Savannah, Georgia
• Operates major plant equipment and/or processes (pumps, valves, filters, screens, compressors, dryers, etc.) following standard procedures and practices.
• Maintains equipment and diagnoses problems to avoid shutdowns
• Makes ordinary repairs
• Keep records and logs.
• Responsible for product quantity and quality (including analytical testing)
• Participates in system improvement processes and performs other work as assigned.
• May be required to participate in functional team activities (safety, housekeeping, HR, etc.).
• Understand, monitor and operate within process safety operational guidelines and report process safety incidents. Complete process safety training as required by company.
Position Qualifications :
• Must have 2-3 years of experience in manufacturing (not distribution or assembly line).
• Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED with some college or technical training preferred (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
• Applicants must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures and procedure manuals. The ability to write routine reports and correspondence and to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization is required.
• Applicants must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This includes the ability to rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Applicants must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. They need the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Must have basic computer skills to include e-mail capability.
• A Valid driver’s license it required.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Title: Operator Associate
Requisition ID: 1604146