BASF Area Security Manager - Seneca, SC in Seneca, South Carolina
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future
We are seeking exceptional candidates for an Area Security Manager (ASM) in our Seneca, SC facility. The Area Security Manager serves as the security function leader in a geographic or business unit assigned. The ASM counsels and influences management teams within the area of responsibility on all security-related matters to protect employees, customers, communities and partners, to protect physical and financial assets, to safeguard intellectual property and to preserve our company's reputation and facilitate the continuity of operations. The ASM investigates security incidents, draws conclusions and adjusts security plans and strategies to mitigate new or evolving risks. You will perform your role with limited supervision from the Regional Security Manager, but, will partner and collaborate with business unit leaders and key stakeholders to implement security plans and drive security awareness.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Lead the design and implementation of robust security programs in assigned business units, manufacturing and supply chain elements.
- Assess security risks and develop strategies to mitigate these risks. Implement process of continuous improvement to identify new exposures and risks and update security programs to address these exposures accordingly.
- Ensure compliance with established security protocols, processes and expectations.
- Exhibit effective leadership and influence to engage and align key stakeholders.
- Ensure implementation and compliance with the Responsible ® Care Security Code and other relevant regulations and policies.
- Provide expertise in security matters to BASF facilities and operations, customers and other business partners or stakeholders.
- Assist and guide site security representatives in area of responsibility to ensure BASF receives efficient and effective security management services.
- Implement and supervise supply chain security in compliance with Responsible Care Security Code, Maritime Transportation Security Act, Custom Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (CTPAT) and Department of Transportation requirements.
- Conduct investigations; collect and analyze evidence, interview parties, and summarize conclusions
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in Criminal Justice, Business Administration or equivalent area of study is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of security work experience in a broad range ofsite/asset/personnel securityareas including protection of personnel, risk assessment methodology, physical security, investigations, control of regulated products, etc., required.
- Experience in development and implementation of security policies and procedures required.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Previous experience designing and implementing robust procedural and physical security programs in a high-value asset manufacturing environment preferred.
- Proven professional approach including high standards relating to personal integrity and credibility as well as sound judgment and discretion.
- Previous security management experience in an international location or environment preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience in implementing an information protection program desired.
- Communication and contacts within federal law enforcement and industry trade groups, preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with customers, suppliers and contractors to ensure effective security throughout the value chain.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- A proven team player, yet able to lead as well as work independently.
- Must be able to influence others and collaborate with all levels of the business.
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Job: SECU - Corporate Security
Organization: NCU-Environment, Health & Safety
Title: Area Security Manager - Seneca, SC
Requisition ID: 1700197