BASF Contact Supervisor - Prep in Seneca, South Carolina
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Contact Supervisor Refinery, Prep to join our team.
Contact Supervisor Refinery, Prep (1604136)
You will direct, coordinate, and evaluate overall the assigned shift, establishing, reinforcing and supporting a safe working environment. You will help ensure compliance with all relevant EHS regulations and procedures / policies while serving as safety leader and role model. You will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. You will also be responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. You will also set the goals and objectives of the operations staff of the area.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Coordinate production activities with purchasing, maintenance, and quality to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment
- Review and analyze production, quality control, maintenance activities.
- Implement operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality
- Assist in the revision of production schedules and priorities as result of equipment failure or operating problems
- Consult with engineering personnel.
- Compile, store, and retrieve production data
Leadership Core Responsibilities
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career .
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required, with 5 years supervisory or leadership role in a manufacturing environment. OR BS/BA degree with 1 years’ experience in supervision or leadership position in a Chemical manufacturing environment.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills and excellent math skills require
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence others
- Able to work a rotating shift including the night shift
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
Preferred . . .
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Lean Six Sigma experience is a plus
- SAP experience a plus
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: CCM-Precious & Base Metal Services
Title: Contact Supervisor - Prep
Requisition ID: 1604136