BASF Maintenance Specialist in Seneca, South Carolina
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Maintenance Specialist to join our team.
Provide an additional level of specialized expertise to the maintenance team and administration of either mechanical systems or electrical systems or process instrumentation and control system hardware and software. Maintains a primary focus within maintenance, but works with engineers and other such technicians across site to seek best practices for all disciplines of maintenance in their respective field of expertize. Supports and trains other technicians/mechanics in basic maintenance of the sites operational equipment. Also provides field coordination and design support for capital projects and special maintenance projects.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Follows all safety regulations.
- Follows all applicable area specific and plant procedures.
- Perform intermediate to complex Mechanical Maintenance Functions
- Install and repair mechanical systems, apparatus, and components of machinery, appliances and equipment following code, manuals, P&ID diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications using hand tools, power tools, and test equipment.
Skills in the following:
Reading Prints & Drawings
- Troubleshooting Techniques
- Pipe Fitting
- Maintain acceptable housekeeping standards in the work area.
- Prior experience or training in the Mechanical Maintenance Field.
- Must possess excellent communications skills - both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to understand a process and ability to solve problems and troubleshoot.
- Knowledge of safety regulations associated with a chemical operation.
- Knowledge of proper material handling procedures.
- Good dependability and a positive attitude
Environmental Health & Safety:
- Adhere to established safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
- Participate in incident investigations.
- Accomplish day-to-day and recurring EHS activities.
- Safety suggestions.
- Proactive hazard recognition and EHS issues.
- Attend and participate in Safety meetings.
- Waste management activities – etc.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career .
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: CCM-Precious & Base Metal Services
Title: Maintenance Specialist
Requisition ID: 1700066