BASF Business Manager - Adhesives in Southfield, Michigan
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Business Manager, Adhesives to grow and manage the Adhesives Market in North American. The Adhesives segment aligns to the Printing, Packaging & Adhesives Industry within BASF.
Business Manager, Adhesives (1700361)
Formula for Success: You Will…
· Formulate and implement long and short-range plans, policies and programs under the direction of senior management to achieve approved objectives.
· Direct and lead the activities of the business sector, including, but not limited to, the sales, marketing and technical service and aspects with the objective of maximizing profitability and growth.
· Review and directs the development of new market opportunities and requirements for existing products, new products and for new product lines within the Adhesives segment.
· Enhance customer relations and develops awareness for the customer’s product and service needs.
· Direct the development and maintenance of long-range operational forecasts regarding volume, market share, financial requirements, human resource needs, and monitors the projected effects of these forecasts on the market segment’s investments and profitability
· Establish criteria to measure short- and long-term income/earnings and overall growth, and regularly evaluates results against these performance standards to ensure profitable growth and service.
Leadership Core Responsibilities
o Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
o Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
o Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
o Execute performance and career development discussions
o Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
o Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
· Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, Chemistry or related field required
· Advance Degree preferred
· Minimum 15 years of experience in marketing, product management, sales and/or technical services required
· Results oriented business professional capable of increasing market sector performance and profitability, as well as develop and execute strategic business decisions
· Experience managing a P/L preferred
· Proven leadership and team development skills
· Adhesives or similar industry experience strongly preferred
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Job: MARK - Marketing
Organization: N-EDN-Dispersions North America
Title: Business Manager - Adhesives
Requisition ID: 1700361