BASF ColorSource Manager - Automotive Refinish Single-Line DIstribution in Southfield, Michigan
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We have a great opportunity for a ColorSource Manager, Automotive Refinish.
ColorSource is the BASF single line distributorship model for Automotive Refinish Coatings. The ColorSource Manager, based out of Southfield, MI is responsible for management of the overall ColorSource program.
ColorSource Manager (1701303) – Southfield, MI
The team reporting to the you is responsible for driving growth with existing members, increasing membership within the community, creating value added programs and strengthening the overall ColorSource value proposition.
Formula for Success: You Will…
· Develop and drive the overall long term strategy and brand for ColorSource to ensure sustainable growth. Deliver profitable organic growth of the existing ColorSource members – as well as support addition of new ColorSource members – planned for additional 5% growth in 2017.
· Develop ColorSource value proposition & continually improve overall program Support design and then management of partner programs and buying group strategy as well as ongoing partner relationships Design and implement ColorSource long term strategy Support network development team on prospect new ColorSource distributors
· Manage all communications, new product introductions, marketing and branding for ColorSource community
· Managing distributor conflict / channel conflict Collaborate with marketing to develop, design, and implement ColorSource brand strategy Contract management & proposals for existing ColorSource distributors – to include freedom fund and market investment pools as well as incentives for new locations Manage ColorSource relationship as preferred partner status with CARSTAR including but not limited to managing market blitzes, rebates, and conferences
· Manage up to four direct reports.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
· Master’s Degree in Business plus a minimum 15 years’ business / commercial experience, including 5 years’ distribution experience required; automotive refinish / aftermarket preferred
· Demonstrated ability to lead people, including a minimum of 5 years’ personnel management experience required
· Proven experience in building and managing distribution and customer relationships
· Exceptionally strong interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and teamwork skills. Must be able to collaborate effectively across internal and external networks
· Conflict Management – ability to professionally challenge the status quo
· Strong self-starter / motivation
· Ability to Travel 50%
Job: SALE - Sales
Organization: N-ECN-Coatings Solutions North America
Title: ColorSource Manager - Automotive Refinish Single-Line DIstribution
Requisition ID: 1701303
Other Locations: US-MI-Detroit