BASF Field Service Manager - Automotive OEM Coatings (Remote) in Southfield, Michigan
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Field Service Manager to join our Automotive Coatings team to be directly responsible for the sales of BASF products and the management of marketing/sales personnel of BASF Service Teams in given market or region. You will lead and direct the efforts of BASF personnel to support the use of products in customer’s applications and supports new product/application development and launches. You will also assist in developing sales plans and strategies to meet established objectives. Ideal location is near Southfield, MI but we are open to remote locations.
Field Service Manager (1700988)
You will enhance the reputation of BASF with the customer and in the marketplace – possessing a broad knowledge of the industry, competition, and customer base. You will also integrate the business and technical community bringing additional value to automotive coatings customers.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
1. Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
2. Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
3. Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
4. Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
5. Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
6. Execute performance and career development discussions
7. Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
8. Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
· Bachelor degree required, preferably in a technical/scientific discipline
· 12 years internal BASF or equivalent experience with a background in technical/sales/marketing/product engineering/product launch required; highly experienced in customer product, application, and performance requirements in Automotive OEM or OEM paint experience strongly desired.
· Experience supervising/training numerous technical/sales/service personnel and projects
· Demonstrated experience resolving key product performance issue at customer’s facility
· Experience presenting on products for customer acceptance
· Demonstrated experience with the customer training program for using new BASF products preferred
· Ability to travel 50% or more is required
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Job: SALE - Sales
Organization: N-ECN-Coatings Solutions North America
Title: Field Service Manager - Automotive OEM Coatings (Remote)
Requisition ID: 1700988