BASF Lab Technician - (Southfield, MI) in Southfield, Michigan
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry - and have been doing so for 150 years. As the world's leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. BASF Corporation has over 17,000 employees in North America with sales of over €15.5 billion in 2014. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection to oil and gas. As a reliable partner, BASF creates chemistry to help its customers in virtually all industries to be more successful. Further information on BASF is available on the internet at http://www.basf.com at http://www.basf.com/ or in the Social Media Newsroom at newsroom.basf.com.
The automotive coatings division is one of BASF’s most dynamic and fast growing businesses in the region. We have great people filled with a passion to deliver innovative, high quality coatings solutions to our customers – car makers and aftermarket alike. Our team is dynamic, customer focused and growth oriented.
Now here is where you come in…
The Lab Technician will be part of the ECO/T customization team and will be based in Southfield MI. Under the guidance of senior chemists, the position will help to develop new coatings formulas in basecoat technologies that meet customer requirements for appearance, workability, and film performance. The position will also support projects to resolve customer concerns with workability and film performance.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Education / Experience
· High School diploma with at least 2 years of coatings experience; Bachelor’s Degree, Associates Degree in a technical major is a plus.
· Laboratory experience
· Color / paint preferred
· Spray application experience preferred
· Experience with 5S/6S methodology
· Computer skills to include Microsoft Office
· Detailed oriented, able to follow procedures accurately and precisely
· Ability to work flexible work shifts to complete assigned projects
· Good organization skills with an ability to manage priorities and multi-task
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Strong safety skills related to working in spraybooth and laboratory settings
· Knowledge of 6s or 5S methodology
Job: APTE - Appl. Technology
Organization: N-ECN-Coatings Solutions North America
Title: Lab Technician - (Southfield, MI)
Requisition ID: 1701399