BASF Laboratory Technician - Adhesives, Printing Packaging and Adhesives in Southfield, Michigan
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
The Laboratory Technician will complete hands-on application work under direction of laboratory staff on projects for existing and new products entering the commercialization phase to support growth with our customers. This position is part of the Application Laboratory team under the Technical Team Leader in the Technical Application group.
Key responsibilities include the following:
• Conducts under direction technical comparison of BASF products vs. competitive products in industry specific application tests (proactive to determine value proposition and reactive in case of customer request).
• Performs technical application tests of products for troubleshooting to derive product recommendations and/or
Formulation recommendations by using multiple product lines of the portfolio and for support of growth opportunities.
• Complaint management (production &/or customer): Does technical testing and assessment of individual products via application testing and other analysis.
• Supports R&D with application testing of new products and formulation support especially for products entering
• Works in compliance with EH&S and ISO standards [minimum expectation].
High school diploma required, Associates or Bachelor preferred.
Minimum 3 years’ related experience, or equivalent combination of education and industrial experience
Strong laboratory skills and ability to work on multiple tasks and projects
Experience in application &/or formulation of related technology
Good verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work effectively in a team environment and also on individual efforts
Ability to work well under minimum supervision
Work in compliance with EH&S and ISO standards
Competencies: Drive Innovation, Collaborate for Achievement, Communicate Effectively, Act with Entrepreneurial Drive, and Demonstrate Customer Focus
Job: APTE - Appl. Technology
Organization: N-EDN-Dispersions North America
Title: Laboratory Technician - Adhesives, Printing Packaging and Adhesives
Requisition ID: 1702359