BASF Manager, Product Management - Automotive Refinish Coatings in Southfield, Michigan
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Product Management Manager, Automotive Refinish Coatings, to manage the Refinish product portfolio and associated product training. This includes the development of new and innovative products, solutions and training for all refinish brands in North America. This group will be responsible for knowing our product portfolio and what opportunities, gaps and solutions need to be identified to grow our Refinish business relative to our competitors in all market segments.
Product Management Manager, Automotive Refinishing Coatings (1700315)
You will develop and manage the product portfolio strategies and ongoing product line maintenance, support and new product development. In addition, you will lead the overall Product Management and Training Teams. Performance of programs and product portfolio is measured against established objectives. Success is measured through increased sales, market share, and improvement of gross profit as a result of effective program implementation.
Formula for Success: You Will…
· Identify which competitive products are evaluated, what market research is conducted, the appropriate product forecast trends and product demands.
· Initiate marketing and training programs and manages the portfolio of products for their brand(s) in a way that adds value to our customers and the associated value-chain; while, meeting corporate objectives for sales and profitability.
· Work closely with several cross-functional groups both locally and internationally.
· Work with the technical and R&D functions to identify new product opportunities and needs.
· Set the direction for their respective product managers to evaluate the market and position of their products and brands in the market.
· Develop with the Market Segment Managers and Marketing Services product/brand programs that are consistent with Refinish strategies and objectives.
· Interact with the Global Marketing community and technical community to coordinate product and brand marketing strategies.
· Lead the coordination of their team with sales management to provide growth opportunities for BASF products and increased market share. Including providing regular reports and feedback on performance of products, promotions and programs.
· Work with the Supply Chain team and Manufacturing functions to monitor inventory, plan production, and rationalize product portfolios in a way that will help to minimum risk and cost to the business.
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
Execute performance and career development discussions
Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
· Bachelors’ degree and 10 years’ experience in Automotive Aftermarket Industry Sales, Marketing, or Product Development with a minimum of three years' management experience. MBA or Honors Business Administration Degree preferred.
· Strong business and financial acumen and experience in managing multiple assignments and meeting deadlines on time and on budget.
· Strong communication (both written and verbal), presentation, negotiation, organization, planning, and motivational skills. Proven track record as a results oriented manager and people developer.
· Fluent in English, additional language competency would be a definite asset.
· Proficiency in computers, particularly Microsoft Office products.
· Working knowledge of BASF and its corporate structure and Automotive Refinish Products and their use.
· Ability to function in a corporate environment and interfacing with a varied group of people and functions.
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Job: MARK - Marketing
Organization: N-ECN-Coatings Solutions North America
Title: Manager, Product Management - Automotive Refinish Coatings
Requisition ID: 1700315