BASF Market Segment Manager - Adhesives in Southfield, Michigan
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
The role will work closely with cross-functional teams to develop and implement the market segment strategy for the Adhesives market.
The successful candidate will identify market trends, unmet customer needs, launch new products, develop tools to promote BASF products and technology, identify industry growth areas, and develop plans to pursue new business.
This position requires excellent project management skills to lead cross-functional teams to develop innovative products that meet industry/customer unmet needs to grow the business. In addition, the role will collaborate with global marketing colleagues to launch products to the North American market.
Market Segment Manager - Adhesives (1702429) – Southfield, MI
Formula for Success: You Will…
· Identify industry-specific trends, requirement, unmet customer needs, key growth areas, and opportunity fields.
· Drive identification of new business opportunities in the responsible market segment and develop plans to pursue new business.
· Develop and implement of industry-specific and product position strategies for the assigned industry segments including positioning against competitive products and value proposition.
· Identify innovation opportunities for assigned industry segment and provide input into the innovation pipeline.
· Initiate and manage Innovation/Phase Gate projects acting as Project Lead/Manager.
· Coordinate new product launches, including launch packages.
· Establish value chain marketing including includes developing customer contacts and at third-party customer marketing levels.
· Collect and validate market and competitive intelligence per assigned industry segment.
· Develop and implement best practices to enhance marketing excellence within the company.
· Build marketing approaches for the adhesives industry segment including sales tools and promotional materials.
· Organize and participate in industry-specific trade shows/fairs and ensure BASF representation in key industry associations.
· Collaborate with global marketing colleagues to launch products in North America.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Science, or a related field; advanced degree is a plus.
A minimum of 7 years of experience in the combined areas of marketing, sales, technical services, or product management
At least 3 years of project management experience; experience in Phase Gate or Stage Gate is preferred.
A background in the launch of new products is preferred
Ability to understand, develop, and communicate value propositions.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including effective presentation capability.
Competencies: Customer Focus, Teamworking, Communication and Interpersonal Understanding, Entrepreneurial Action.
Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
Job: REDE - Research & Development
Organization: N-EDN-Dispersions North America
Title: Market Segment Manager - Adhesives
Requisition ID: 1702429