BASF Market Segment Manager - Automotive Refinish in Southfield, Michigan
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Market Segment Manager, Automotive Refinishing, to maintain and manage a team with a high focus and energy around the development of solutions and products for the multiple customer segments across the Refinish business. Tasked with developing tailored customer solutions for the various market segments (MSO, Dealerships, Large Ind., C/D Shops, Canada, and Mexico) to differentiate BASF from its competitors. This role will functionally lead a team to ensure a tailored, differentiated offering (including products, various value-added services, and equipment solutions) with a clear market positioning (including consistent branding, communication, events, sponsorships, etc.).
Market Segment Manager, Automotive Refinishing (1700314)
You will work in close collaboration with internal sales, distribution teams as well as various customers to intimately understand and champion the various market segment needs. You will work across the marketing community – regionally and globally – with a clear focus on bringing customized and tailored value propositions to our customers which enable BASF to differentiate from the competition to drive short- and long-term success.
Formula for Success: You Will…
· Serve as ECR champion of market and customer segment needs today and in the future
· Own the ECR value propositions for various segments, continuously strengthen offering and drive external and internal market positioning, communication and branding
· Lead the development of specific customer segment roadmaps and align organization around each segment needs to enable success through customer segment teams.
· Provide guidance to product management team on specific customer needs that require product, technical and equipment solution
· Monitor and benchmark competitive offerings of various customer segments and understand strengths / weaknesses of each Refinish coatings player in North America (e.g. products, services, training, conversion processes, financing, customer relationship management)
· Translate customer segment needs into actionable steps for internal functions (incl. supply chain, manufacturing, technical, customer service, distribution, deal and contract processes)
· Interact with customers and distributions partners to understand segment needs today and in the future
· Focus on driving efficiency and effectiveness across the areas of responsibility
· Functional leadership responsibility
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
Execute performance and career development discussions
Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
· Bachelor degree in any discipline
· MBA preferred, preferably in Marketing or Global Business
· 10 years of experience required, 5 years of experience in the collision repair industry or closely related automotive industry preferred
· Minimum 3 years of experience within marketing and/or sales
· Demonstrated ability to develop and implement differentiating value propositions
· Strong customer focus, communication, influencing and presentation skills are a must
· Experience leading teams strongly preferred (directly or indirectly)
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Job: MARK - Marketing
Organization: N-ECN-Coatings Solutions North America
Title: Market Segment Manager - Automotive Refinish
Requisition ID: 1700314