BASF NA New Product Launch Manager - Automotive Refinish in Southfield, Michigan
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a North America Launch Manager to deliver profitable organic growth for the Automotive Refinish business by leading the organization to execute a comprehensive product launch strategy that will create the channels to market necessary for sustainable business success. A successful launch manager possesses consultative selling experience, marketing, and operations experience. This is an instrumental role in the future success of the North America Refinish business and the implementation of our global strategy.
North America Launch Manager (1700415)
Reporting to the North America Marketing Manager, this role provides an opportunity to make a significant difference to the success of the organization and support this significant new product line launch. A high degree of commercial and business acumen working across multiple hierarchies both inside BASF, including global marketing, technical, R&D, controlling and sales teams is needed. You need to be an independent self-starter with strong analytical skills and possess the ability to be long-term strategic thinking with demonstrated experience in marketing, sales and strategic planning (preferably in Automotive or Automotive aftermarket paint markets) is critical to realizing success.
Formula for Success: You Will…
· Develop both the short and long-term strategy, growth and business plans, value propositions and the overall successful launch across the North America region.
· Lead a cross functional team to develop and execute the relevant value chains and business models to support a successful product line launch.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
· Bachelor’s degree in a business or engineering discipline and a minimum 10 years of experience with marketing, sales, supply chain, strategic planning or product management; Master’s degree preferred
· Minimum 5 years commercial or business experience required; five or more years’ automotive collision or automotive after-market paint experience required
· Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to lead cross-functional project teams
· Demonstrated ability to influence multiple levels of an organization both internally (sales, marketing, technical, R&D, controlling, supply chain and Manufacturing both across NA and globally) and externally
· Highly developed strategic thinking 2-3 years out and experience implementing strategic recommendations
· Strong Business and Financial Acumen
· Ability to travel extensively (up to 50%)
Job: MARK - Marketing
Organization: N-ECN-Coatings Solutions North America
Title: NA New Product Launch Manager - Automotive Refinish
Requisition ID: 1700415