BASF Quality Engineer III in Southfield, Michigan
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We have a great opportunity for a Quality Engineer III to join our Southfield, MI, team and be responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance and improvement of the Quality & Environmental management system to assure that the product manufactured and services provided meet customer requirements and comply with ISO/TS16949 and ISO14001 standards.
The Quality Engineer is the main internal contact for the management of customer complaints and product nonconformance to assure timely and effective resolution.
Quality Engineer III (1701505) – Southfield, MI
Formula for Success: You Will…
· Manage Customer Complaints and Nonconformance Resolution
· Provide Quality and Environmental Systems Management
· Provide PPAP/BMAP Management (Production Part Approval Process/Bulk Materials Approval Process)
· Provide SAP NCM / SAP QM Support
· Manage Internal and External Relationships
· All functions within Coatings ECN / External (auditing companies) – internal/external audits, audit corrective actions, document management/review
· Sales, Customer Care (Wyandotte), Corporate Transportation, ECN Warehouses – Logistical NCM investigations, NCM system support
· Corporate IT Solutions Group/ All functions within Coatings ECN– Quality Management and Nonconforming Management system enhancements.
· Technical/ Manufacturing/Sales/Customer – PPAP/BMAP documentation/communications
· EHS & Site Services - EMS support, Document management, corrective action resolutions
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
· Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical discipline with 5 years of experience required
· Quality, manufacturing, or business experience in an industrial/automotive environment required
· Internal / Lead auditor experience
· Experience implementing and maintaining Quality / Environmental Management Systems, e.g. ISO9001, ISO/TS16949, ISO14001 required.
· Experience with quality tools e.g. APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning), MSA (Measurement System Analysis), SPC (Statistical Process Control), FMEA (Failure Mode Effect Analysis), Control Plans, PPAP, Problem Solving
· Root cause analysis and corrective action expertise
Job: QUMA - Quality Mgmt & Assurance
Organization: N-ECN-Coatings Solutions North America
Title: Quality Engineer III
Requisition ID: 1701505