BASF Technical Account Manager - Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Tapes in Southfield, Michigan
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
THIS POSITION CAN WORK REMOTE FROM ANY LOCATION WITHIN A REASONABLE DISTANCE FROM AN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.
We have a great opportunity for a Technical Account Manager, Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Tapes, who would lead the technical management of various direct and distribution accounts within the Printing, Packaging & Adhesives North American customer base. The Technical Account Manager is accountable for all technical issues arising in the support of new Pressure Sensitive Tapes business development, as well as, maintaining existing Pressure Sensitive Tapes business. The Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Tape Market Segment comprises adhesives for packaging tapes, masking tapes, office/consumer tapes and specialty tapes.
The successful candidate will be supporting new product introductions, laboratory trials, customer trials and establishing connections with customers’ technical and procurement contacts. Responsibilities include collaborating with sales colleagues on account plans and customer visits and collaborating with Marketing, Product Management and Technical Service colleagues to develop and present value propositions for products.
Technical Account Manager, Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Tapes (1701191)
You will provide the key technical relationship between BASF and its customers. You will provide knowledge and advice regarding product selection, formulation/ technical service support, and application processing. You may also be called upon to help resolve customer complaints and provide guidance during the complaint investigation process.
You will provide the technical “voice of customer” to the BASF organization. You will provide input and ideas, targeting specifications for new product development, which may include interacting with other BASF RBUs, SBUs and regions to support new product introductions into North America.
Formula for Success: You Will…
· With Sales Account Managers, jointly responsible for achieving targets for sales revenue, volume and profit through value added activities, product approvals and technical progression at the customer base.
· In collaboration with marketing and laboratory staff, develop and present value propositions for specific targeted growth products.
· Provide technical advice and product recommendations across the customer base.
· Provide a technical “voice of customer” into BASF.
· Support product introductions whether of new products or products new to that customer and establish technical approvals across the customer base.
· Provide ideas, technical input and data for target specifications for new products.
· Develop lasting expert to expert technical relationships with customers and identify business trends in and beyond the customer scope/respective portfolio.
· Identify and attract new customers, pursue new applications, and interact with corresponding process and product developers of the potential customers, leading to profitable future business.
· Provide written call reports from all physical visits and from all significant customer interactions which should be informative, have clarity of future actions and responsibilities, should also continuously increase market intelligence and update customer and competitor data.
· Identify customer technical requirements and offer solutions accordingly.
· Understand customer’s product utility in end use application as part of technical service responsibility
· Support the generation and implementation of account plans to achieve sales and profitability growth in line with BU strategies.
· Interface with Sales Account Managers and Application Specialists to address identified customer needs and technical problems to specify solutions and close sales opportunities.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
· Bachelor’s degree in Science or related field and a minimum 10 years’ experience in technical or sales in specific industry
· Expert knowledge of components used in PSA tape formulas, their performance profiles and application requirements, including polymers, tackifiers, surfactants, other additives and the knowledge of release liner and different coating technology used in the industry, required
· Thorough knowledge of downstream application testing of PSA Tapes as performed by the customer is also a pre-requisite
· Thorough background knowledge of these areas is an essential in this position so that the incumbent can develop a credible expert to expert relationship at the customer base. Ability to understand detailed customer requirements and bring detailed information back into BASF.
· Project management experience and the ability to lead and coordinate technical work amongst related function e.g. applications lab and R&D
· Ability to understand, develop and communicate value propositions
· Able to travel 50% of the time and have a valid driver’s license.
Job: SALE - Sales
Organization: N-EDN-Dispersions North America
Title: Technical Account Manager - Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Tapes
Requisition ID: 1701191