BASF Technology Lead - Automotive Refinish Future Technologies in Southfield, Michigan
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Technology Lead to join a new business as part of the Automotive Refinish (ECR) group in the North American region. You will report to the Business Lead and manage a diverse team of external vendors and developers that will be responsible for developing, implementing and growing a new technically focused service offering.
In the first year, your key responsibilities will include the development of the pilot project for this new business which includes, developing the technology with the software and hardware vendors, piloting the technology to several key customers and creating a technically viable proof case. Upon development of the proof case, you will be responsible for developing an easily implementable technical solution that can be scaled to over 400 body shops within the automotive repair industry.
Technology Lead, Automotive Refinish (1700282)
You will be responsible for growing and developing a sustainable business by managing the installation of the solution in body shops, ensuring that all users are trained and that the solution continues to be serviced and improved over time. This is a start-up and encompasses all intrinsic risks associated with a new business. You will collaborate closely with ECR leadership, as well as 3rd party vendors, customers and external parties and stakeholder groups.
Formula for Success: You Will…
· An entrepreneur and technically minded person, who is able to take a new idea and overcome the challenge of bringing it to market
· Interact with customers, including business owners, to understand their needs and translate those needs to the technical service offering
· Ability to translate customer needs into the technical solution and service
· Understand the strategic plan of the solution and effectively communicate this to technical team, vendors and stakeholders
· Create a successful technological solution, in cooperation with key partners, based upon previous prototyping and development work
· Develop an implementation and process plan to install the service at each bodyshop
· Establish a clear communication and action plan for future customer and technical service issues and emergencies
· Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity when developing a new technology and business
· Obtain quick results in a fast-paced environment with clear milestones and accelerated timelines
· Thrive in a high-stakes environment with the experience to manage risk
· Accountable for working closely with the Business Lead to scale this new service to over 400 shops within the next 5 years
· Manage the vendor contracts and development costs
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
· Bachelor degree in any discipline required.
· Minimum 5 years of experience in a Technical, Development or closely related Business role
· IT Project Leadership required
· Demonstrated experience in developing and executing software or hardware development projects or launching new products
· Experience in the refinish industry or closely related field, preferred
· Project management skills with diverse team required
· Demonstrated strong communication, influencing and presentation skills
Job: SALE - Sales
Organization: N-ECN-Coatings Solutions North America
Title: Technology Lead - Automotive Refinish Future Technologies
Requisition ID: 1700282