BASF EHS Specialist-St. Louis, MO in St. Louis, Missouri
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking an EHS (Environmental, Health and Safety) Specialist to become a team member of our Central Hub EHS team. Located in St. Louis, MO, you will report to the Central Hub Manager (located in Charlotte, NC) with a dotted line to the St. Louis site manager.
Under the hub structure, you will have indirect interaction with other sites in the Central Hub, a group of sites supported under the BASF shared services platform. You will also interact with EHS experts and professionals who support all of the BASF North American sites and businesses. In this shared services structure, you may also provide assistance at other BASF sites as the need arises.
The St. Louis operations are an important site for BASF’s Agricultural Solutions business in North America. The site employs approximately 90 people including contractors to produce highly technical products for the professional Pest Control industry. The large variety of processes and products provides a challenging and highly engaging work environment.
EHS Specialist (1604279) – St. Louis, MO
You will develop and execute strategic and tactical EHS plans to increase risk recognition and reduce injuries/incidents, improve employee health, maintain environmental compliance, ensure safe design of plants, and prepare for emergencies.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Lead Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) programs (including industrial hygiene and process safety) at the St. Louis site.
- Advise site management of compliance concerns.
- Provide strategic direction on EHS matters to the site leadership teams.
- Coordinate and conduct exposure monitoring in accordance with the Industrial Hygiene
- Monitoring Plan, including recordkeeping, results interpretation, recommendation for controls and communication.
- Complete all internal and external EHS reporting.
- Participate in project reviews to identify EHS issues / opportunities.
- Facilitate the sharing of programs, procedures, tools, and successfully demonstrated practices with other EHS professionals.
- Participate in the EHS Community work teams or task forces (i.e., inter/intra-Hub expertise and Communities of Practice) including acting as EHS Hub owner for assigned processes.
- Support the interface with regulatory agencies and third parties, as needed, on compliance and enforcement issues.
- Conduct periodic EHS inspections/audits of the facility to ensure compliance with requirements and adherence with EHS programs/standards.
- Support the development and implementation of EHS training programs for new and existing employees, including but not limited to Control of Hazardous Energy – Lockout/Tagout, Confined Space, Hot Work, Fall Protection, Powered Industrial Trucks, Hazard Communication and Emergency Planning & Response.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- BS degree in engineering, technical or science area strongly preferred. Candidates with other BS degrees will also be considered, if combined with excellent relevant experience and skills
- Must have at least 3 years of EHS related experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Well-rounded knowledge of Environmental, Health & Safety technology and regulations is required.
You May Also Have…
- Professional certification – Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or Associate Safety Professional (ASP)
- Working knowledge of process safety and environmental regulations and technology
- Experience with emergency planning and response in a manufacturing setting
Chemical manufacturing experience
Job: OCSE - Occupational Safety & Environmental
Organization: NCU-Environment, Health & Safety
Title: EHS Specialist-St. Louis, MO
Location: MO-St. Louis
Requisition ID: 1604279