BASF Associate Scientist - Clinical Research, Tarrytown in Tarrytown, New York
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are passionate about clinical research, please read on!
We are BASF, the world’s largest chemical company – and we are the leader in sustainable chemical solutions. BASF is The Chemical Company focused on global challenges today and in the future. Our people change the world every day. We have big goals for our R&D group in Tarrytown, NY and we’re building the best team in the Home and Personal Care Industry.
In addition to our many other businesses, BASF is the largest global supplier of materials for the personal care and home care industries. We design and market polymers, surfactants, UV filters, emollients, and biological actives for skin and hair care products, among others. Many of these products rely on compelling consumer claims supported by solid clinical research evidence meeting demanding regulatory requirements.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking an Associate Scientist, to lead and manage hands-on clinical research of active ingredients and product formulations in the field of home and personal care. The focus will be on biological actives for skin care products; organizes and analyzes clinical data based on a solid knowledge of test statistics; manages and maintains clinical instruments and supplies.
Associate Scientist, Clinical Research (1700555)
You will innovate, execute and manage complex projects while having your accomplishments recognized and rewarded. You will be afforded amazing opportunities, and receive firsthand knowledge of what it feels like to be surrounded by a global network of other brilliant colleagues.
Formula for Success: You Will…
· Execute clinical tests flawlessly in the clinical research center through following clinical testing protocol
· Conduct clinical testing with bioinstrumentation on human subjects
· Collect instrumentation data and data analysis/image analysis for clinical studies
· Prepare clinical test protocols, obtaining IRB approval and informed consent for clinical studies, and reports as needed.
· Manage clinical instruments, supplies and maintenance; and maintaining a professional clinical atmosphere
· Provide technical support to internal/external customers when needed
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
· BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering or related scientific field required
- Previous R&D experience in the personal care or health care industry preferred
· Preferred is hands-on experience with clinical research on human volunteers
· Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Solid understanding of statistical analysis principles
· Entrepreneurial mindset, high energy level, and a positive, can-do attitude
· Outstanding communication skill, abilities to manage multiple projects and attention to details
Job: REDE - Research & Development
Organization: N-EMN-Care Chemicals NA
Title: Associate Scientist - Clinical Research, Tarrytown
Requisition ID: 1700555