BASF Technical Service Specialist - Hair and Body Care; Tarrytown NY in Tarrytown, New York
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine and Glassdoor as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016.
Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Technical Service Specialist, Hair and Body Care, to join our Care Chemical team. The BASF division of Care Chemicals offers a broad range of ingredients for hygiene, personal care, home care, industrial & institutional cleaning, and technical applications.
We are the leading supplier for the cosmetics industry as well as the detergents and cleaning agents industry and support our customers worldwide with innovative and sustainable products, solutions, and concepts. The division’s high-performance product portfolio includes surfactants, emulsifiers, polymers, emollients, chelating agents, cosmetic active ingredients, pigments, and UV filters. Superabsorbents developed for the full spectrum of hygiene applications complete the range. We have production and development sites in all regions and are expanding our presence in emerging markets.
Further information is available at: www.care-chemicals.basf.com at http://www.care-chemicals.basf.com/ .
Technical Service Specialist, Hair & Body Care (1700483)
You will serve as the direct technical contact for regional customers, working globally to collect and distribute information on catalog products as well as customer specific project information.
Formula for Success: You Will…
· Provide technical expertise to regional customers and regional key account teams
· Translate customer needs to the technical team and assists in defining project scope
· Support customer projects (concepts/product development) internally, in close cooperation with technical and marketing
· Identify product/technical concepts trends, customer demands in the regional market, gives impact to the regional strategy, and proposes pertinent technical solutions in relations with the hair and body portfolio
· Identify opportunities, projects and new initiatives with Sales, Marketing and Technology
· Support launches and post-launch technical needs
· Support regional technical training, poster sessions, and lectures in the frame of congresses, symposiums
· Manage the activities to fit with the personal care strategy
· Coordinate project execution and assures adherence to the project scope
· Ensure compliance with IP and legal requirements
· Bring technical expertise in the frame of key account projects
· Understand key account organization, global technical organization, goals and technological capabilities
· Work as in interface between Technology, Sales and Marketing
· Collect and exchange information with the regional marketing and sales team
· Work in close collaboration with the technical team to support customer-specific projects
· Shares information and feedback on ongoing projects with management
· Identify the needs of the customer and make appropriate suggestions and provide technical expertise
· Support regional External Scientific Collaboration, when needed (contacts and follow-up)
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
BS in science, chemistry, or related field with a minimum of 5 years of experience in the personal care industry is required
S cientific knowledge in the field of hair and body personal care products and scientific claims along with e xtensive knowledge in development and analysis of hair and body care products is required.
Specific experience in direct customer interaction is required
Organization, coordination with excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal abilities
Ability to manage multiple projects in a matrix environment
Excellent PowerPoint skills, good computer knowledge in MS Office.
Fluent in English
Job: APTE - Appl. Technology
Organization: (EM)-Care Chemicals
Title: Technical Service Specialist - Hair and Body Care; Tarrytown NY
Requisition ID: 1700483