BASF Residential Construction Specialist – Sales and Technical – Performance Materials in Toronto, Ontario
You can be part of an inclusive team of diverse talent and character. In this diversity lies our greatest strength.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work.
BASF Canada has been recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2017, as well as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future! Where the Chemistry Happens…
Reporting to the Manager Field Applications Warranty North America , the primary role of the
Residential Construction Specialist is to achieve strategic growth in the construction industry and
driving n ew business (Construction solutions) for Performance Materials in Ontario. The
primary role is to achieve a sales volume target in Ontario by promoting the use of the HP Wall,
and other PM products to builders and architects.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
· A former General Contractor with a construction license and framing experience, with a minimum of 10 years in the residential construction industry.
· Effective selling and negotiating skills
· Must be able to work with minimum supervision
· Keen understanding of the residential building construction industry
· Able to communicate with Builders and to read construction blue prints (plans) in order to propose construction solutions
· Strong interpersonal, leadership, organizational, communication and analytical skills
· Bilingual (English / French) is a plus
· The incumbent must also have a keen view of the market environment, including general trends impacting the construction business and competitive landscape dynamics. We welcome and encourage applications from all persons. BASF has a robust policy of accommodating
employees who are able to perform the essential duties of the job upon accommodation. In
particular, applicants with disabilities are entitled to a recruitment process and accessible materials.
Job: SALE - Sales
Organization: N-PMN-Performance Materials NA
Title: Residential Construction Specialist – Sales and Technical – Performance Materials
Requisition ID: 1701710