BASF Lab Technician - Polymer Research in Wyandotte, Michigan
·Primary responsibility for this position is to safely conduct new product development and applications experiments under the direction of the scientists in the team.
oSafely synthesize new polymer products.Characterize the polymers, prepare final ink and coating formulations, perform applications tests.Document all work in the form of laboratory reports and in the laboratory notebook.
oSet up, calibrate, operate and maintain various pieces of laboratory and test equipment
oSet up and maintain a safe, efficient laboratory work place.
oAssist in various activities required for efficient laboratory operation and sample generation
oPrepare, label, package and ship customer samples.
oConduct routine data analysis
oSupport scale-up of processes to manufacturing and commercialization when appropriate
oMaintain raw material storage and inventory
·Contribute to organizational learning using timely communication.
oMaintain laboratory notebook consistent with company policy
oWrite, or contribute to project updates and technical reports
oParticipate in company patent processes as necessary
· Generate new ideas that result in new project opportunities, better laboratory and test methods or more efficient processes.
· Assist in pilot plant scale up as necessary
·Synthesize UV curable oligomers and polymers for new product development and research
·Optimize various synthetic processes
· Conduct analytical testing, including chemical and physical characterization of polymeric materials
· Prepare, package and ship samples for customer evaluations
·BSc in Chemistry, Polymer Science or related field or Associates degree in scientific field
·Have a strong sense of work ethic and self-motivation. Have a high sense of urgency in executing experiments.
·Be flexible with the ability to adapt to change on day-to-day basis for this dynamic fast paced working environment.
· Have the highest standards of job safety and teamwork
· Have the highest standards of integrity, accuracy and attention to detail.
· Understand and be concerned with experimental reproducibility and repeatability.
·Be able to make detailed observations and provide accurate documentation in a timely manner (laboratory book & reports)
·Be a continuous learner.
Have basic computer skills. Knowledge of e-mail, MS Word and Excel is required
Job: REDE - Research & Development
Organization: GM/N-Global R&D - Advanced Materials & Systems
Title: Lab Technician - Polymer Research
Requisition ID: 1604229