BASF Marketing Manager – 3D Printing; Wyandotte, MI in Wyandotte, Michigan
Marketing Manager - 3D Printing
Location:Wyandotte, MI or may consider virtual office.
At BASF,we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
As the world’s leading chemical company, BASF produces an incredible variety of products for a wide range of consumer industries - for example the automotive, construction, and food industries.
Of course, this offers a vast number of opportunities for marketing professionals. Our marketing teams act as a link between BASF and the global market, with its ever-changing demands. In marketing you are responsible for driving strategic growth along products and industries. Strong collaboration with global market leadership, sales and technical teams, and outside partners will be critical to your success.
Marketing Manager, 3D Printing (1604185)
You will be responsible for assisting the NA Sr. Business Development Manager for Additive Manufacturing in building up the business for the BASF 3D Printing materials through a combination of Sales, Marketing, and Project Management activities.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Develop sales of BASF’s Additive Manufacturing materials with end users, OEMs, and Service Bureaus
- Manage marketing assessments and promotional activities
- Collaborate with BASF stakeholder divisions
- Manage opportunity development and sales tracking
- Provide Project Management of strategic programs
- Manage NDAs, JDAs and other legal contracts
- This position will get a high level of guidance on many specific tasks from the supervisor
- Regarding commercially available products, a greater independence and initiative will be expected of the candidate.
- Will need to frequently collaborate in a team environment
- Will need to frequently collaborate across BASF divisions and work with existing Key Account Management structures
- 3DP rapid technology changes, advancements, player shifts
- IP complexity
- Business model complexity
- Emerging market uncertainties
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Chemistry OR Bachelor of Arts degree in Business or Marketing required
- MBA a plus
- Minimum of 4 years of sales and or marketing experience
- 3D Printing experience preferred or ability to understand the market
- Engineering Plastics or Photopolymer experience a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit for emerging markets
- Openness for creativity and innovation
- Travel 25% of the time.
We also look for…
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence customer relationships by taking risks, driving change, & building trust.
- Strong collaboration skills within region and global teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Extremely organized and disciplined to work independently in a virtual environment
- Sales background or fundamental understanding of sales
- Change adaptability and conflict management
- Strong and proven negotiation skills
- Strategic business sense and understanding of developing value propositions and business cases
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Good understanding of market industry trends
- Good interpretation of data/ analytical skills in validating perceived value to customer
Job: MARK - Marketing
Organization: (NC)-Marketing & Business Development - NA
Title: Marketing Manager – 3D Printing; Wyandotte, MI
Requisition ID: 1604185