BASF Product Manager - Polyol Business in Wyandotte, Michigan
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are looking for a Product Manager professional to serve the BASF Performance Materials business unit, to be accountable, with P&L responsibility, for the product management of the Polyol product line.
Product Manager, Polyol Business (1701577)
Formula for Success: You Will…
Drive Asset Contribution
· Drive margin-oriented view on asset effectiveness (e.g., key interfaces production and supply chain planning)
· Provide input into review of value chain management capabilities and enhance improvement initiatives
· Develop business cases and opportunities to improve asset utilization and supply reliability to meet long-term Polyol Strategic growth goals via own asset capital projects and toll manufacturing projects (project management focus)
Manage Key Raw Material Strategy
· Assess, monitor and manage key raw material supply for Polyol business line
· Develop long-term business strategy to manage raw material availability in collaboration with supporting business groups
Support Competitive Strategy and Plan for Product Subgroups
· Provide input into overall competitive strategy for product main-group
· Monitor market and competitive trends and developments
Support Account Planning and Development
· Support activities and development of key and top regional accounts for Performance Materials and Isocyanates business groups
Drive Opportunities to Improve Margins and Capabilities for Product Main Group
· Identify opportunities to increase margin performance (e.g,. pricing, product mix, volumes, terms, conditions)
· Monitor compliance to pricing guidance and determine improvement actions
· Assess product cost development
· Capture market, competitive, and pricing intelligence
Support Supply Chain in Driving Efficient Asset Utilization
· Provide input into S&OP process to optimize contribution from demand-supply matching
· Collaborate with Supply Chain to manage short-term supply interruptions (e.g., turnarounds, maintenance)
Plan and Implement New Product Launches
· Develop business case for R&D projects and topics
· Drive Product Launch activities
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree or Ph.D. a plus.
Bachelor plus many years (10 yrs) of experience or Master (8 ) or PhD (5 )
A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in product management, technology, manufacturing, business development, sales, marketing, and supply chain.
Strong business acumen combined with highly developed communication skills.
A team-oriented professional capable of working in a multi-task environment with capability to balance risk with opportunity.
Project Management experience strongly preferred; SAP proficiency a plus.
Job: MARK - Marketing
Organization: N-PMN-Performance Materials NA
Title: Product Manager - Polyol Business
Requisition ID: 1701577