BASF Reactor Tech I in Wyandotte, Michigan
This position will assist in all areas of the BASF Cellasto facility in production of urethane jounce bumpers. This position will be hands on manufacturing, interfacing with products and equipment. Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment. Manufacturing / production experience is a requirement; experience with machine operation / assembly is preferred.
This position ensures the safe operation of the Prepolymer process including production and intermediate material supply to all mold lines with the BASF Cellasto Facility
Demonstrated Experience in:
- Safety is first priority mindset
- Willingness & ability to create & adapt to change
- Energetic & a positive attitude
- Competencies of accountability & ownership
- Meet or exceed standard for attendance
- Ability to learn & perform a variety of tasks
- Flexibility in changing own & others work priorities as short notice
- Strong verbal, written, & interpersonal communication
- Coordination with people & teams within unit & beyond; good team player
- Good troubleshooting & problem solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in plant work
- Effective time management & organizational skills
- General knowledge of handling both manual & automatic controls
- Demonstrated strong end-user computer skills
- Mature dependable judgment when dealing with others
- Exhibits good judgment in asking for help
- Good understanding of general routines & procedures; skilled in the operation of relevant equipment
- Exhibits good teamwork and leadership in work area
- Able to wear and utilize all personal protective equipment (PPE) specified by, Cellasto, the Wyandotte site, OSHA, and all other regulatory agencies. (such as: respirator usage is required)
- Following all BASF and unit policies and procedures around safety, quality and production.
- Completes and masters all training curriculum associated with operational and safety procedures. Able to wear and utilize all personal protective equipment (PPE) specified by, Cellasto, the Wyandotte site, OSHA, and all other regulatory agencies. Participates actively in the Cellasto Big Deal program and attends all monthly safety meetings.
- Properly interfaces with the PLC panels located in Control room as necessary to maintain proper operation of the prepolymer process
- Monitors and maintains proper operating levels of all intermediate chemicals used in the prepolymer producing process.
- Monitors and maintains Bulk tank wagon unloading to Tank farm storage tanks.
- Monitors and maintains reactor & dose Machine cleaning process.
- Must be able to demonstrate functional knowledge of lock tag & try, hot work & safe work permitting.
- Shuts down, starts up, and maintains normal operation of the process reactors.
- Assists in the development and revision of operating procedures including shutdown, start up, and normal operation.
- Able to train other personnel in the prepolymer process.
- Cross-functionally trained in basic computer and mechanical skills
- Success completion of forms and checklists based on job duties and requirements
- Properly interfaces with the equipment controllers as necessary to maintain proper operation.
- Monitors the process conditions and making adjustments as necessary per procedure.
- Assists in the development and revision of operating procedures for operations including shutdown, start up, and normal operation.
- Able touse forklifts, various hand tools, carts, electric pallet jacks, pneumatic tools, dry ice pellet blaster, walk behind floor scrubber, electric and pneumatic bin lifters, HVLP spraying equipment, hand held air wands, mops and brooms
- Operates forklifts, for a variety of uses. Utilizes safe operation and sound maintenance practices with forklift trucks, and reports any repair needs.
- Have the ability to troubleshoot while working independently to maintain equipment in top condition.
- Complete a proper and thorough turnover for on-coming shifts, including proper housekeeping
- Completes equipment and product changeover operations to insure safety, quality and productivity are maintained.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Report any mechanical issues as needed immediately to Supervision.
- Capable of lifting 30lbs during the course of a shift, could include excessive standing, walking, bending, and / or climbing of stairs.
- Observes all safety regulations and procedures in conducting work assignments, including reading and understanding Management of Change.
- Participates in safety equipment checks, training programs, and conducts inspections as required.
- Inspect and keep work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly manner.
- Pursue all aspects of waste minimization (RCRA) to ensure proper disposition of products while understanding the process to generate waste on the site.
- Follows guidelines at all times concerning product sampling and testing of finished products.
- Assists maintenance or other work groups as assigned due to unusual plant work requirements to maintain efficient and effective plant operations.
- Compliance with site and corporate security practice is essential.
- Complete all Safety and Mandated training as per BASF requirements.
- Required to work shift work and perform all duties in a safe, efficient manner
- May train other personnel on unit operations within the department
- Frequent interaction with internal customers. No external customer interaction.
- Understands fundamental operation of HMI (Human Machine Interface) to enter data into LAN (Local Area Network) database system (unit electronic databases)as necessary to maintain proper operation of the de-flashing units.
- Problem solves alone, and with others, to resolve equipment problems.
- Must possess attention to detail and organizational acumen.
- Must have a functional knowledge of English language, and writing
Candidate must have basic math skills and experience using measurement tools, ie. rulers, gages, etc
Candidate must have at least 2 year Moldline experience and/or 2 years of production manufacturing experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
This position is part of a job family with multiple levels and will be filled at a level that is commensurate with the candidate's qualifications and experience.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-PMN-Performance Materials NA
Title: Reactor Tech I
Requisition ID: 1604194