BASF Site Services Gatekeeper in Wyandotte, Michigan
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
This is a BASF FM&L position, within the cluster or area that is the primary liaison between site facilities, building tenants, and Maintenance, with ownership of the qualification, prioritization, and coordination of maintenance activities. The individual will ensure work requests for Maintenance and FM&L resources are properly reviewed, justified, prioritized, and approved.
Site Services Gatekeeper (1701765) – Wyandotte, MI
Formula for Success: You Will…
· Evaluate discretionary work and determine if feasible.
· Ensure troubleshooting by tenants prior to Maintenance involvement.
· Assign appropriate Autonomous Maintenance (e.g., redirect minor maintenance activities to contractor such as moving boxes, furniture, shredding).
· Evaluate Management of Change (MOC) work requests.
· Establish scope and justification for notifications using Maintenance database.
· Determine proper priority based upon resource availability and maintenance schedules (final decision on priority).
· Confirm priority and date needed/wanted.
· Convert notifications to work orders.
· Review accuracy and completeness of notification, complete, and forward to the Maintenance Planner.
· Review, validate and document schedule breakers. Initiate schedule breaker work including defining the specific requirements to maintenance/operations supervisor and Scheduler/Planner.
· Group notifications together that can be planned and worked as a single order.
· Ensure equipment is ready for maintenance when scheduled.
· Responsible for equipment preparation, work with tenants to have cleaned, tagged, and permits issued. If building or site-owned equipment: cleaned, tagged, and permitted.
· Accept equipment after repairs and coordinate acceptance for tenant/operator equipment.
· Manage backlog.
· Work with Planner/Scheduler to review work order backlog and ensure jobs with highest priorities are planned in a timely fashion.
· Monitor routine maintenance backlog and work with Maintenance Scheduler to ensure level is acceptable and appropriate to needs of the tenants.
· Ensure scheduling basis includes an appropriate amount of preventative maintenance work versus corrective work and backlog age.
· Review Maintenance schedules to ensure they meet the needs of the FM&L units.
· Act as liaison between tenants and Maintenance.
· Maintain strong line of communication on status of completed work orders and findings
· Coordinate efforts of third-party contractors and purchased services.
· Organize “like” work orders for execution (prevent multiple preps and tag outs).
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
High School diploma or equivalent required with a minimum of 5 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing facility; Chemical Manufacturing is preferred.
At least a combined 5 years of education, training, and/or experience (the following elements may be used to satisfy this requirement):
Registered apprenticeship in an electrical, and/or mechanical program
Related work experience in process and industrial environment, using tools and testing equipment, and performing mathematical calculations characteristic to the trade
Understanding of BASF policies and procedures regarding a chemical operating unit; general knowledge of federal, state and local codes, and regulations is a plus.
Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite, including proficiency with Excel.
Ability to produce understandable and accurate reports and records.
Able to work in a team environment, and must possess a valid driver's license.
Expertise with SAP maintenance transactions preferred.
Knowledge of lab/office operations and customer base desired.
BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: COE/ON-Operational Excellence North America
Title: Site Services Gatekeeper
Requisition ID: 1701765