BASF Toller Quality Control Manager in Wyandotte, Michigan
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a Toller Quality Control Manager to join our team. The Toller Quality Control Manager is responsible for the management and oversight of all quality control operations performed on Cellasto® products including final inspection, post treatment and assembly operations . The scope of these activities includes internal quality control operations and those performed by several external, third party providers. This position guides an internal staff of five team leaders and approximately 80 inspectors, assemblers and material handlers. The Toller Quality Control Manager oversees the external tolling network, building relationships within the network, driving process and cost optimization efforts and is the main interface with all BASF functions involved in the tolling process. Overall, this position ensures the quality of all Cellasto products, directly impacting customer satisfaction and operational excellence.
Toller Manager North America (1701879) – Wyandotte, MI
Formula for Success: You Will…
· Manage all internal and external toller quality control activities (part inspection, post treatment and assembly operations) performed on Cellasto® products.
· Ensure the reliability of the tolling function including: accuracy of inspection decisions, assembled components per drawing, packaging compliance to requirements, throughput and inventory reporting.
· Manage all tolling related interfaces with relevant functions, especially Quality Management, Supply Chain Management, Operations and Procurement.
· Develop and execute the regional strategy to optimize and increase the use of external tolling service providers.
· Drive the selection and approval of any future tollers in collaboration with relevant functions.
· Develop and execute decision making process to allocate new and existing products between tollers based on short and long term quality, capacity and capability considerations.
· Ensure the provision of relevant information, materials, standards, etc. to internal and external tollers.
· Drive process optimization and the use of new technologies to develop toller capabilities, improve productivity, quality, and cost reduction.
· Contribute to and work with global toller management functions to leverage on key learnings from other regions, as well as technical and process benchmarks
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
Bachelor degree in a science, engineering, or management discipline required; advanced degree (e.g, MBA, Ph.D.) is a plus.
At least five years of leadership in Quality Assurance or Quality Systems managing a staff of 10 or more technicians in a manufacturing environment; automotive manufacturing environment preferred.
A minimum of seven years of experience in automotive quality systems standards such as TS16949 and automotive OEM customer-specific requirements.
Five or more years of experience leading continuous improvement projects in manufacturing, supply chain, and/or commercial operations.
Black Belt certification through a Six Sigma-accredited organization preferred.
Experience through project assignment or job function with automotive discrete part production including: chemical or mechanical processes, material flow, inventory management, supply chain processes, component assembly, and quality control.
Developed competency in the following areas: project management, customer specifications, production facilities & capability requirements, team leadership and collaboration, and supplier selection.
Strong EHS orientation and emphasis in both personnel and process safety.
Working knowledge of MS Office products, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience using SAP or other ERP system(s) preferred.
Job: QUMA - Quality Mgmt & Assurance
Organization: N-PMN-Performance Materials NA
Title: Toller Quality Control Manager
Requisition ID: 1701879