BASF Site Manager - Zachary, LA in Zachary, Louisiana
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Manufacturing at BASF consists of a diverse group of employees, including engineers, operators, technicians, chemists, craftsmen, logistics professionals, and support services who work collaboratively to drive product creation and implementation. From process analysis and optimization, to product production and material movements, plant design, plant construction, and the commissioning of major production facilities, Manufacturing at BASF calls for specialists with exceptional technical, mathematical, and scientific knowledge. Efficiency, excellence, and safety of our manufacturing operations ultimately ensures that BASF products meet the needs of its customers.
The BASF Zachary, Louisiana site manufactures specialty chemicals for the Chemical Intermediates Division and Electrolytes for the Catalyst Division while operating all the necessary Site Infrastructure Services. The Site Manager provides leadership, direction, and focus for all manufacturing activities at the site. This includes leadership for a broad range of activities including EH&S, Operations (Production and Maintenance), Operational Excellence, Technical, and capital projects necessary to support the business strategies. In addition, the position ensures that all processes and activities comply with BASF policies, regulations and our values for safety, quality, environmental and financial stewardship. The Site Manager interacts with various business and support organizations across BASF in fulfilling the mission of the business, site and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Lead the Site Team at Zachary to excellence in EHS performance; manufacturing capability; and capital execution, as well as to meet customer expectations in quality, service, and delivery. The Site Manager also has responsibility for Site Maintenance, Technology, Project Engineering, Controlling, Human Resources, EH&S Management, and Planning
- Drive a culture where continuous improvement, product innovation, breakthrough performance, and an enjoyable work environment are expectations of all team members.
- Identify and manage all operational risks including EHS, regulatory, quality, cost, equipment optimization and reliability.
- Develop site operational strategy and objectives, implement budget, objectives, personnel plans, inventory management, and capital plans that align with the strategic objectives of the businesses represented at Zachary.
- Develop and implement manufacturing and asset strategies to ensure assets are aligned with business strategies; that ensure technology transfers are issue-free; as well as provide for reliable & flexible product availability while maximizing asset utilization.
- Be the public “face” of BASF to regulatory agencies, the community of Zachary and provide leadership to the management team.
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline required; degree in Engineering preferred
- Master’s degree in any discipline is a plus
- Minimum 15 years of work experience in operations, maintenance, engineering and/or technical services is required
- Experience directly managing others is required
- Demonstrated track record of manufacturing achievement in the critical success areas of EH&S, cost reduction, quality improvement, cycle time reduction, asset optimization, capital execution and application of leading edge methods and technologies
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills with ability to analyze complex technical, operational and financial data and develop effective solutions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with and influence people at all levels in the organization, customers, suppliers and other external contacts that allows for achievement of substantial results through others
- Demonstrated ability to focus employees at all levels to recognize the “right thing to do” and empower them to act decisively within their ability and area of responsibility
- Demonstrated leadership ability to build strong teams, coach, influence and guide employees, and the ability to recognize and develop talent throughout the organization as a means
- Track record for creating continuous improvements in the culture, facilities and technology
Leadership Expectations : As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-CIN-Intermediates North America
Title: Site Manager - Zachary, LA
Requisition ID: 1604220