BASF Process Technician in Appleton, Wisconsin
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Formula for Success: You Will…
The role of the Process Technician is to provide the labor to safely manufacture quality chemical products. This includes receiving and handling raw materials, producing chemical products, performing quality assurance tests, and performing shipping and receiving tasks. The also job involves providing support to the senior maintenance lead.
Process Technician - 1900047– Appleton, WI
Additional responsibilities are as follows:
• Displays active ownership of a portion of the site safety program & facilitate safety improvements
• Performs regular / monthly safety and housekeeping inspections
• Understand and implement confined space entry procedures
• Maintains order and cleanliness of the entire production work areas
• During winter, keeps all entrances and exits clear of snow & ice
• Perform annual hydro testing of all chemical transfer hoses, documenting and signing off on tests
• Perform daily, weekly, & monthly maintenance checks and preventative maintenance checks on assigned production equipment.
• Daily Maintenance on Marley cooling tower
• Perform premier mill cleaning based upon work orders
• Rebuild Air Operated Diaphragm Pumps (AOD) pumps when needed. (Training to be provided.
• Change out blown and damaged pumps
• Uses a computer-based system to generate production instructions and batch sheets
• Performs QA analysis on all products produced / shipped
• Uses a SAP system to enter QA results of products produced (SAP / Access Data Base etc.)
• Initiates requisition of raw materials prior to depletion and performs inventory cycle counts
• Filling & loading of bulk & non-bulk finished goods.
• Grinding Auxiliary defoamer for formulations and correctly loading hot box
• Cutting up and or washing returned totes, bins etc. as needed.
• Assisting in all areas of production, shipping and formulations.
• Unloads inbound tank trucks of raw materials into bulk storage tanks
• Uses SAP to input raw material receiving data into inventory
• Unloads from trucks and organizes drums and bins of inbound raw materials
• Verification of Certification of Authorization (COA)
• Performs thorough inspection of all inbound empty tank trucks prior to filling
• Thoroughly documents inbound empty returnable drums and bins
• Performs all required pressure tests and visual inspections for all returnable bins
• Refurbishes returnable bins, after cleaning, in preparation for refilling
• Prepares and affixes all required markings and labels
• Proper hook up of transfer fitting, hoses on tank truck
• Fills containers to weights specified for each chemical product including bulk
• Uses SAP to enter product shipment data into the system
• Generates all required materials movement documentation (bills-of-lading, etc.)
• This is a Monday – Friday, shift and shifts may vary. May also incur occasional overtime.
• Ability to lift 40-50 lbs
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• High School Diploma or GED
• 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing and/or production environment
• Chemical experience
• Batch production experience
• Sap Experience
• MS Office proficiency
• DCS and PLC experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-EDN/OA-Production Appleton-60000521
Title: Process Technician
Requisition ID: 1900780