BASF Global Supply Chain Planner - Battle Creek, MI in Battle Creek, Michigan
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America’s Best Employers. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Global Supply Chain Planner (2001067) – Battle Creek, MI
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the master production schedules (MPS) for two production sites (Battle Creek MI, Elyria OH) which produce Battery Materials for sale to the automotive and consumer industries. Additionally, you will perform distribution requirement planning (DRP) and material requirements planning (MRP), finally converting purchase requisitions to purchase orders in support of those plans. You will also perform global master data responsibilities (article creation, extension), and be a key link between sales, demand planning, warehouse, quality control, operations and procurement.
Formula for Success
· Leveraging your strong technical skills (SAP, Excel) and business acumen, you will develop the optimal MPS and subsequent procurement, inventory and outbound shipment plans on a monthly basis. You will also use these skills as you lead the monthly supply review meeting to ensure those plans are aligned and transparent to all internal parties.
· Your attention to detail to monitor production schedule adherence and vigilance to identify & mitigate supply gaps will be critical to minimize downtime.
· Demonstrating your commitment to quality (ISO) and continuous improvement, you will document your own work processes and supply chain work process to ensure consistency and efficiency.
· Your clear, dynamic communication skills will benefit your daily work while you interact on a global level (master data, foreign suppliers, BASF affiliates), regional level (procurement, logistics), and local level (controlling, quality control, operations & warehousing).
· Leveraging your SAP experience, you will act as Business Unit SPASS Administrator and BASIS Site Coordinator. You will also use this experience to maintain all material master settings including Bill of Material (BOMs) and Recipes. Additionally, you will create and release process orders for production while working closely with the Production Coordinator to ensure finished goods are posted and raw materials consumed.
· Working with an entrepreneurial mind-set and team mentality, you will have opportunities to take an active role in initiatives lead by other functions such as Operational Excellence (OpEx), SAP conversion, Request for Quotations (RFQs), supplier & asset qualifications and more.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Organization: G-CCB/XO-Manufacturing and Supply Chain-63023504
Title: Global Supply Chain Planner - Battle Creek, MI
Location: MI-Battle Creek-Michigan
Requisition ID: 2001067