BASF Area Production Specialist - Brooks, OR in Brooks, Oregon
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Area Production Specialist (1901427) – Brooks, OR
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Working within the specified area and crop(s), you will manage, monitor and provide advice relating to the specific agricultural aspects of the seed production in order to meet the production plan providing a consistent supply of high quality commercial and/or stock seed to ensure the long term profitability success of the organization.
· Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture related field with 3 years of experience in farming and/or agronomic practices or 5 years of relatable seed production farming experience
· Three to Five years’ experience cultivation / cultivation advise of vegetable crops
· Ability to obtain and keep updated Pesticide Consultants License (stay compliant to law for consulting actions)
· Ability to set reliability targets with Multipliers (growers and 3rd party)
· Proficiency with MS Office products and ability to learn internal IT systems.
· Must be capable and competent of operating various farm machinery
· Expert knowledge of seed production and operational techniques
· Knowledge of financial aspects
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
· Assertive decision making
· Mechanical and welding skills are a plus.
· Ability to supervisor up to 50 temporary contract laborers, if needed
· The ability to speak Spanish is a plus
Create Your Own Chemistry:What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. you@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
For further information on Agricultural Products with BASF,please select: BASF: Create Chemistry with the Agricultural Products Division
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: G-APV/OO-Vegetable Seeds Operations-63022657
Title: Area Production Specialist - Brooks, OR
Requisition ID: 1901427