BASF Contact Supervisor - Caldwell, TX in Caldwell, Texas
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2021 as one of America’s Best Large Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Contact Supervisor - 2102128 – Caldwell, TX
Where the Chemistry Happens...
Formula for Success: You Will…
• Leverage your previous professional experience in managing large groups of operators within a chemical manufacturing environment, you will plan and direct production activities and establish production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
• Your strong commitment to workplace safety will be a valued asset as you establish, reinforce, and support a safe working environment by ensuring compliance with all relevant EHS regulations and procedures/policies.
• Successfully engaging across the organization, you will consult with engineering and management personnel to establish production and quality control standards, develop budget and cost controls, and obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
• Leading a cross-functional team of professionals, you will interview, hire, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; appraise individual performance; reward and discipline employees; and address complaints and resolve problems.
• Your project management capabilities will be essential as you coordinate production activities with purchasing, maintenance, and quality to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
• Your knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies (e.g., Lean Six Sigma) will be vital as you review and analyze production, quality control, and maintenance activities to identify areas of improvement.
• Ability to work a day shift with overtime as needed however shift could change
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
• High School Diploma or GED and 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing plant.
• At least 1-3 years of supervisory or team lead experience preferred.
• Strong leadership skills required to direct Operators to produce quality chemicals in a safe and cost-effective manner.
• Solid coaching skills required to develop Operators in the understanding of the chemical plant operation, and to grow their awareness of technical and business issues.
• Effective interpersonal skills are required to interface with daily operations team, daily support team, Technical Engineering Services Team (TES), Lab, contractors, and outside vendors.
• Strong technical problem-solving skills to help in the resolution of problems in the different manufacturing areas that affect plant performance.
• PLC / DCS Control Board experience preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: CCM/R-Refining Salts and Solutions-63025686
Title: Contact Supervisor - Caldwell, TX
Location: TX-Caldwell - TX
Requisition ID: 2102128