BASF Sales Specialist, Vegetable Seeds (Melon) - Remote, California in California
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America’s Best Employers. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Sales Specialist, Vegetable Seeds - Melon (2001603) – Remote, California
Where the Chemistry Happens…
We are seeking a professional like you to be responsible for the development, planning and implementation of sales initiatives aimed at maintaining and increasing business in the assigned area.
Formula for Success: You Will…
· Develop sales strategies for assigned customers and potential customer
· Communicate customer requirements to proper internal personnel.
· Call on customers to sell products and present recommendations for product introduction
· Participate in local organizations to maintain awareness of industry issues
· Gather, assimilate and analyze market and competitive information
· Achieve or exceed budgeted sales volume for assigned territory
· Develop and update annual sales forecast
· Formulate and recommend strategies for achieving long and short business plans for key accounts and assigned territory/market
· Participate in industry trade shows
· Bachelors degree and 2 Years of Sales experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Knowledge of vegetable and/or agriculture business
· Understands the Vegetable Seed Vision, Must Win Battles and Key Enablers
· Strong Agronomic skills
· Computer skills & CRM usage
· Professional written and verbal communication skills
· Understanding of larger market issues
· Problem solving through analytical thinking and judgments with some guidance in complex situations
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. you@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
For further information on Agricultural Products with BASF, please select: BASF: Create Chemistry with the Agricultural Products Division (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNOSoxx2r8c&feature=youtu.be)
Job: SALE - Sales
Organization: G-APV/SN-Vegetable Seeds Sales-63022583
Title: Sales Specialist, Vegetable Seeds (Melon) - Remote, California
Requisition ID: 2101234