BASF Operator III in Central, South Carolina
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Operator III - 2000086
Formula for Success: You Will…
Responsibility and accountability includes, but is not limited to:
• Integral part of the site safety culture. Responsible for maintaining certain areas of the plant from a safety and housekeeping perspective. Actively participates in site safety programs.
• Required to learn and be proficient in all standard operating procedures that apply to the position.
• Follow product recipes to produce blended resin systems in multiple blend vessels.
• Be knowledgeable of raw materials, including the storage location and associated hazards.
• Using interface screens to the process control system, the operator will add exact quantities of chemicals to match product recipes, follow step-by step batch instructions and take samples as required.
• Responsible for loading drums, totes, cylinders and tank trucks with the final product.
• Responsible for unloading raw materials via tank truck to bulk storage tank, tank truck to tote and box vans of drums and totes.
• Follow standard operating procedures to unload and check-in various raw materials for production.
• Drive switcher to move tank trucks and fork lifts for moving drums, totes and cylinders.
• DOT and HazMat trained. Must be proficient in hazard communication and DOT/OSHA requirements for chemical transportation, storage, and handling.
• Uses the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) to perform all necessary job functions within the process. This includes, but is not limited to, a full face respirator with air filtration as a small part of the normal job tasks and a SCBA as part of the HAZWOPER team
• Adhere to established safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
• Participate in incident investigations.
• Accomplish day-to-day and recurring EHS activities
• Safety suggestions
• Proactive hazard recognition and EHS issues
• Attend and participate in Safety meetings
• Waste management activities – etc
• Ability to lift at least 25 lbs
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
• High school diploma or GED.
• Forklift license experience
• 3 months of warehouse, industrial and/or production experience
• Strong safety mindset and work practices
• Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
• Attention to detail, working with a high degree of accuracy
• Willing to be HAZWOPER responder trained
BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
BASF Corporation is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity ("EEO") and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, and other protected classifications.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-PMN/OS-Business Mgmt PU Systems-63006653
Title: Operator III
Requisition ID: 2000086