BASF QA Supervisor in Central, South Carolina
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America’s Best Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
QA Supervisor – 2100100 – Central, SC
Formula for Success: You Will…
The Clemson Polyurethane Systems plant is a batch-managed production facility, with a broad product mix, that operates 24 hours a day, 5 days a week, and where urethanes test procedures, including hydroxyl and water content in mixed resins and polyols, are performed.
The site is also responsible for hand mix reactivities of products, rate of rise and gel tests, and other testing typical to this chemistry and customer base. The lab operates with certified test equipment following ASTM standards and local STI procedures.
Formula for Success: You Will…
• Collaborate with site Operations Engineers and the Business Quality Manager to set up and manage site and business KPIs, lab goals, and other required quality processes.
• Participate in daily workload tasks at the Clemson facility during coverage needs and staff absences.
• Manage Quality Systems such as ISO 9001 RCMS, and NCM via direct interface with BASF Quality Assurance management personnel to ensure compliance with Directly oversee the day-to-day activities in the lab; including managing workload, lab technicians, testing requirements, work allocation, ISO 9001 Standard and training activities.
• Active participation in EHS initiatives and compliance; including adherence to established safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures.
• Perform Standard Technical Instructions (STIs) on in-process batch samples & finished goods to determine if they meet the product specifications
• Track First Time Quality & Final Quality Performance
• Trouble shoot the root cause of any non-performing in-process batches and as necessary, consult with BASF Technical Development
• Monitor and review instrument controls using routine instrument checks through calibration, verification, and/or validation
• Routinely operate Karl Fisher, Viscometer, & NCO and Hydroxyl via Titration
• Operate auxiliary lab equipment (Band Saw, Water Baths, Lab Ovens, Drill Press, and Centrifuge) required to prepare and test the batch’s performance against specifications.
• Establish proficiency in and maintain daily input of data management systems such as SAP QM, and PIMS; for purposes of COA generation, quality release, root cause analysis and trend reporting
• Review and approve incoming raw materials prior to release to production
• Effectively conduct shift relief (if applicable).
• Maintain sample retain program by systematically rotating retains and recycling aged retains per established procedures
• Create, modify, and validate work procedures and ensure documentation of lab activities; inclusive of logbooks, databases, check sheets, worksheets, etc.
• Provide maintenance support by identification of maintenance needs and providing trouble shooting information prior to maintenance.
• Develop or modify laboratory procedures to maintain safe work conditions and meet continuous establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable .
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
• BS Degree in a science discipline
• 3-5 years of Quality Management experience
• MS Office experience
BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
BASF Corporation is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity ("EEO") and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, and other protected classifications.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-PMN/OS-Business Mgmt PU Systems-63019450
Title: QA Supervisor
Requisition ID: 2100100