BASF Field Technical Service Representative (Detroit) - Automotive OEM Coatings in Detroit, Michigan
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized as a 2020 Best Employer for Diversity by Forbes. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Field Technical Service Representative (2000323) – Detroit, MI
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to support the daily onsite technical and application support of BASF e-coat products for our OEM client in Detroit. You will respond to customer requirements, enforce product quality/performance specification, and support new product/application development. You will also provide on-site expertise of product performance including proper system operation, defect identification, and corrective action.
You will also assure product performance meets or exceeds customer expectations and supports business objectives to be our customer’s supplier of choice. You will demonstrate the technical and professional expertise needed to enhance BASF’s reputation with the customer and integrate within the business and technical community to bring additional value to our coating’s customers.
Formula for Success
· Your background in Coatings will enable you to manage and improve the paint shop process. When needed perform root cause analysis on observed defects, analyze the data and suggest corrective actions or changes.
· Education in a technical/scientific field or marketing/business with background in technical support, product engineering or product launch.
· Strong working knowledge of e-coat coatings, e-coat coatings application and associated performance requirements.
· Strong project management skills to oversee inventory forecast, product usage, paint trials and new product launches.
· Your proven experience with paint processes (including ancillary paint processes) and applications will aid you in leading others on varying shifts and making decisions without supervision.
· Developing key internal and external relationships, you will communicate with all levels of the customer organization to assess customer requirements and collaborate effectively with your team, management, and internal groups such as manufacturing and supply chain to adapt to diverse cultures and manufacturing plants.
· Ability to travel 10% of the time.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Title: Field Technical Service Representative (Detroit) - Automotive OEM Coatings
Requisition ID: 2000323