BASF QC Analyst II in East Setauket, New York
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
QC Analyst II, 1802197 – East Setauket, NY
• Perform routine analytical and physical testing on raw material, in - process, and finished product samples
• Experience in analytical chemistry and wet chemistry techniques.
• Experience using HPLC, TOC, UV/VIS, FTIR, UV Plate reader, and other analytical instrumentation.
• Understand GMPs
• Knowledge of USP testing
• Experience developing HPLC methods and performing validations.
• Able to write Standard Operation Procedures (SOP);
• Can Lead/direct laboratory projects and investigations;
• Good organizational and time management skills.
• Understanding of proper chemical handling, use, storage and disposal.
• Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. the ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to analyze data and write up results
• Work independently and in a group environment
• Communicates well with co-workers and superiors
• Willing to cross train on basic micro testing
• Some lifting and climbing may be required.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF , you create your own chemistry.The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• BS Degree in Chemistry or related science field• Minimum 5 years’ experience in operating and developing HPLC methods and other analytical instrumentation
• Excellent organizational and time management skills. • Familiarity with lab techniques.• Intermediate knowledge and understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Laboratory Practices
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: QUMA - Quality Mgmt & Assurance
Organization: N-EMN-Care Chemicals NA
Title: QC Analyst II
Location: NY-East Setauket
Requisition ID: 1802197