BASF QC Technician in East Setauket, New York
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
QC Technician, 1805120 – East Setauket, NY
• Experience in analytical and chemical testing techniques such as % Water by KF, LOD, Viscosity, Density, Ph, and Refractive index
• Experience testing finished products and water port samples
• Perform routine physical and chemical testing on raw material samples
• Create updated specifications and gathering required material information for raw materials and maintaining electronic and hard copy files.
• Maintain records to track raw materials and specification sheets.
• Understand GMPs
• Have knowledge of USP testing
• Experience testing raw materials and final product test samples
• Ability to perform environmental monitoring
• Ability to analyze data and write up results
• Work independently and in a group environment
• Communicates well with co-workers and superiors
• Willing to cross train on basic microbiology testing
• Knowledge of chemistry testing and chemistry instrumentation such as HPLC a plus.
• Some lifting and climbing may be required.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF , you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• BS Degree Chemistry or related science field
• Minimum 1 year of related lab experience
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Familiarity with lab techniques.
• Intermediate knowledge and understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Laboratory Practices
• Analytical instrumentation experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Organization: N-EMN/OE-Beauty Care Solutions NA Operations-60002058
Title: QC Technician
Location: NY-East Setauket
Requisition ID: 1805120