BASF Quality Assurance Tech I/ RM Handler in East Setauket, New York
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Quality Assurance Tech I / RM Handler, 1802169 – East Setauket, NY
Primary responsibilities are to sample raw materials for QC testing, release raw materials physically, support Manufacturing. Additional activities include but are not limited to assisting Planning in the recertification process, coordinating SDS updates with EHS, other QA support activities as needed.
• Sample Raw Materials, generate the paperwork and submit samples to the lab
• Log all samples and complete associated paperwork
• Scan & archive Raw Material Records (vendor C of As, QC testing and disposition sheet)
• Check production pack-offs and submit samples to QC
• Assist in releases of Finished Product and Raw Materials physically and in SAP
• Keep track of raw material recertification requests from Planning by sending emails to responsible departments and prepare paperwork
• Review all received SDSs in 3E/if update needed: scan and forward to EHS
• Review and approve Finished Product labels before use by MFG
• Update SOPs when needed
• Ability to operate power equipment and move pallets of material of various weights
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF , you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum Three years QA experience in a pharmaceutical/GMP environment
• Experience with sampling raw materials in a GMP environment, including aseptic technique
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, SAP a plus
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Highly organized and able to react to changing priorities.
• Ability to be self-directed and complete assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: QUMA - Quality Mgmt & Assurance
Organization: N-EMN-Care Chemicals NA
Title: Quality Assurance Tech I/ RM Handler
Location: NY-East Setauket
Requisition ID: 1802169