BASF Agronomic Excellence Summer Associate in Edmonton, Alberta
You can be part of an inclusive team of diverse talent and character. In this diversity lies our greatest strength.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Agronomic Excellence Summer Associate
Contract Duration – 4 - 6 months
As an Agronomic Excellence Associate , you will join our team where you will be involved in:
· Field trials for local Agronomic Excellence programs evaluating canola hybrids and seed technology with goal of developing regional hybrid specific agronomic practices.
· You will be responsible for field activities relating to hybrid evaluation on a commercial scale to small plot trials from seeding to harvest including seed set up, land preparation, seeding, pest control, plot maintenance, harvesting and supervision of casual employees as required.
· You will also be involved in crop health diagnosis through daily monitoring of field and research plots, data collection and analysis.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
· Strong agronomic competence attained through pursuing your degree in Agriculture, or another college along with experience in the Agriculture Industry
· Ability to deliver results in pursuit of both individual and team goals
· Previous experience in agriculture field research is an asset
· Demonstrated problem solving skills
· Ability to be flexible and modify plans as situations arise minimizing impact on results
We welcome and encourage applications from all persons. BASF has a robust policy of accommodating employees who are able to perform the essential duties of the job upon accommodation. In particular, applicants with disabilities are entitled to a recruitment process and accessible materials.
Job: REDE - Research & Development
Organization: G-APU/CP-Canola Agro Svcs & Prod Dev-63023553
Title: Agronomic Excellence Summer Associate
Requisition ID: 1903343