BASF Trait Development Associate in Edmonton, Alberta
You can be part of an inclusive team of diverse talent and character. In this diversity lies our greatest strength.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Trait Development Associate
Contract Duration – 4 - 6 months
Location: looking for applicant across all regions of the province
As a Trait Development Associate, you will be involved in the advancement of new traits to be developed in support of local and global programs.
• Field activities relating to new trait development from seeding to harvest including:
Seed set up
Supervision of casual employees (as required)
• Ensuring standard operating procedures
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
• Strong agronomic competence attained through pursuing your degree in Agriculture or another college along with experience in the Agriculture Industry.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to be flexible and modify plans as situations arise minimizing impact on results.
• Interest in canola and wheat development
• Proven ability delivers results in pursuit of both individual and team goals will be vital to your success in this role.
We welcome and encourage applications from all persons. BASF has a robust policy of accommodating employees who are able to perform the essential duties of the job upon accommodation. In particular, applicants with disabilities are entitled to a recruitment process and accessible materials.
Job: REDE - Research & Development
Organization: APP/DE-Early Development-63022027
Title: Trait Development Associate
Requisition ID: 1903051